Multiples
Options

Question about pain/pressure

Hi all!  I will be 32 weeks tomorrow pregnant with twins....  I have had a couple bouts of painful contractions landed in triage with an overnight in the hospital at 29 weeks.  Last night the contractions started again, a lot of painful contractions about 5 minutes apart.  A ton of lower pressure, I feel like someone is constantly checking me kind of pain and had a hard time sleeping.  This morning, I am still having contractions and pain and on top of it all have a sick to my stomach feeling. 

Do I call and go in or just assume it is part of carrying multiples??

Re: Question about pain/pressure

• Options
    Rule of thumb...if you're worried enough to post here, call. With multiples, you just can't mess around. I'm living proof!
    TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    call the doc. obviously everyone is diff but the same thing happened to me and within 3 days my water broke..at 33 weeks. get yourself checked and make sure the contractions are changing your cervix. better safe than sorry!! good luck hope its just a normal thing and your babies keep cooking!!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

TTC since 2005
    missed miscarriage nov 2006- 4 failed clomid cycles-
    3 failed femara iui cycles-
    moving on to IVF oct 2011
    ER nov. 7th
    tansfered 2 blasts on 11/10
    lots of +hpt!!
    beta #1 on 11/21= 50.4
    beta #2 on11/23= 90.8
    another miscarriage 12/23
    moving on to Round 2 of IVF with an auto immune dx
    ER 4/23-retrieved 12 eggs
    ET 4/28 3 transfered
    Beta #1- 356
    Beta #2- 870

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Definately call. I was sick to my stomach with diarrhea right before my water broke. Better safe than sorry.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Our 3 Precious Angels That Left Us Too Soon
    BFP #2-EDD 07/05/13 - Tater and Tot passed at 12w3d. D&C 1/17/13
    BFP #3-EDD 12/19/13 - Peanut passed at 9w1d. D&C 05/31/13

Diagnosed with Hypothyroid 05/20/13 

BFP #4 - 09/22/13 - DD#2 born 05/27/14

All Alers Welcome!

imageimage

• Options
    My MFM and OB use the rule of thumb that if you are having 6 or more contractions in an hour then you need to call.  It can never hurt to call and have a false alarm, but if you don't call when you should have you could regret it.
    DX: Anovulation
    TX: IUI #1-4 = BFN + 1 c/p
    IUI #5: Clomid 100mg + Bravelle + Trigger + B2B IUIs + 800mg Progesterone = BFP!
    Beta #1 (14dpiui): 460 Beta #2 (16dpiui): 998 Beta #3 (23dpiui): 21,832 Beta #4 (29dpiui): 129,771

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Definitely call!  I was just in L&D for the 5th time last night for contractions!!  They told me that would much rather have you come in and be able to possibly stop labor than for you to have the babies early.  I hope everything is okay!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Absolutely call. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"