April 2013 Moms
Options

Waiting for a Cold that may never come...

I have bee SO congested over the past few weeks.  Part of the problem is that our house doesn't have a humidifier built into the furnace and in the middle of winter, we have zero moisture in the air.  Dr. Google just told me that the congestion comes from the increase in Estrogen.  I have been so annoyed at how stuffed I am in the mornings (and how it brings on M/S sometimes), but now, I sniffle all.day.long as well : /
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Waiting for a Cold that may never come...

• Options

I've been feeling the same way, too...all I'd say is keep taking your prenatals, get plenty of fluids & vitamin c. Hasn't done anything to fix the stuffiness, but I figure if it does turn into a cold, maybe it won't keep you down for too long.  

Sorry about it bringing about M/S . . . .that's got to suck.  I hope that doesn't hang around too long,either. 

Myles was so pumped about the baby . . . until he figured out he'd have to share all his toys!!!
    BabyFetus Ticker>
  • Options

I've been having the same problem for months -- brand new house, built airtight / energy effficient, no humidifier on furnace, dry cold MN winter + pregnancy hormones + pre-disposition to sinus problems!  I'm on perma-blow!

I've been sleeping with a humidifer on at night and it helps a little, but not a ton.

It is $600, per our builder, to install the built-in humidifier. Not in the budget right now, but very tempting after taxes refunds come in.

Sleeping with a nose strip helps a little too, and I've been addicted to my neti pot for years!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"