October 2011 Moms

Late night FFFC

I missed FFFC because I was shopping. Last night while shopping for an espresso maker, SO showed me a 500 semi automatic one. I said we should watch a YouTube video on it. We watched one. I literally cannot believe the words that came out of my mouth next: "that looks like it takes too much time. Too complicated. Lets get an automatic one." I am always so frugal and never pay full price for anything. But 1,000 later, our automatic espresso machine is on its way. I feel sick about it. I vow to do some hardcore coupon clipping to make up the difference. Or maybe I will just wrap it up and give it to myself as a birthday gift?!

My other confession is that SO and I have been lying to our friends. They hired me and made all of these promises they didn't keep and then let me go, lying to me about the reasons why. We have since realized we would rather not be friends with them and have kind of phased them out of our life. However, SO is still pissed they kind of screwed us over and acts like we are really struggling financially whenever "friend" talks to him.....to make him feel bad. Their nanny recently quit and "friend" shows up to SO's work today asking if I was looking for a part time job. SO said no, and that even though we are struggling, he finds it best I don't do another nanny job and get attached to the kids only to have to leave....guilting "friend" even more. But since I stopped working for them, SO's boss put him on a different pay scale and we are doing better now than when I was working. And not having a work schedule on my end, it has allowed us to travel more as family and everything. SO rarely lies, so I find this lie humorous since I know they feel guilty about the whole thing.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Re: Late night FFFC

• I can't read through it well.  The bolding weirds my eyes out. 

I got wind of a local business trying to sell.  It's a franchise too.  The cost for the franchise name, the business, and the customers is something like only $4000.  The building rent is not included, but DAMN, that's cheap for a franchise.  I'm thinking about looking into this.  I went to school for business, and this could be a genuine opportunity.  However, I'm not sure if I'm ready to give up my time home with Nora yet. 

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• imageMackalien13:
    So you aren't really struggling? How did they screw you?

We were at first, but in the last two months we aren't. SO just doesn't feel the need to let "friend" know any of our financial aspects and as far as "friend" knew previously, we were struggling. They knew we were struggling with paying our health insurance, we pay out of pocket. They knew we weren't struggling food or shelter wise. SO keeps everything very vague when "friend" calls to talk or shows up at his work....which is rare these days. When they hired me, they told me I would be working a certain amount of hours, then were cutting them all of the time. I was told I would get a certain minimum pay per month, but most of the time I didn't. They told me I would have a vehicle to drive their kids around to certain things, then sold it a month into the job and told me to use my car with no gas or wear and tear reimbursement. Their kids ruined something on the house during their time with the kids but said it happened in my care and charged me hundreds in repair fees, taking it out of my check. I am 100 percent sure it didn't happen during my care because I watched the kids like a hawk and had a rule they couldn't play or even be in the room where the item was broken. The previous nanny said the same thing happened to her, and the current nanny that just quit said they charged her for items that were not broken while the kids were in her care as well. Then they invited themselves on our yearly trip for Labor Day weekend so we had to change our reservations to accomidate more people, only to have them back out and we were out the money the extra two cost. they were supposed to pay us back, never did. There were a lot of other things that went down but I am too lazy to write it. It was just frustrating, and they created this big lie on why they were letting me go, but the current nanny and some friends let me know the real reason...which was that they just wanted someone cheaper and someone that would be available 24hrs a day. SO doesn't want "friend" knowing that his pay changed at work because he doesn't feel it is any of his business. And he wants "friend" to feel bad about the shady things he did to not only me, but the other nannies as well. I think he is hoping they will learn from this and not do it to the next one because they are seeing how it affected the friendship between the four of us. I don't think they will change though.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemissyleaferg:
    I can't read through it well.nbsp; The bolding weirds my eyes out.nbsp; I got wind of a local business trying to sell.nbsp; It's a franchise too.nbsp; The cost for the franchise name, the business, and the customers is something like only 4000.nbsp; The building rent is not included, but DAMN, that's cheap for a franchise.nbsp; I'm thinking about looking into this.nbsp; I went to school for business, and this could be a genuine opportunity.nbsp; However, I'm not sure if I'm ready to give up my time home with Nora yet.nbsp;

Are you talking about the kids coffee shop business?
  • It sounds like you could have a small claims suit against them.  They are taking advantage of you, and it sounds like they've done it before.  If this is what's going on, I would document it well and talk to an attorney.  Just because someone's your "friend" doesn't make them craptastic bosses.  Paying you less than agreed, forcing you to drive your car when it was agreed otherwise, and making you pay for something they can't prove was on your time may be illegal.  I would check into that, for real.

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• imageElsa1984:
    imagemissyleaferg:
    I can't read through it well.nbsp; The bolding weirds my eyes out.nbsp; I got wind of a local business trying to sell.nbsp; It's a franchise too.nbsp; The cost for the franchise name, the business, and the customers is something like only 4000.nbsp; The building rent is not included, but DAMN, that's cheap for a franchise.nbsp; I'm thinking about looking into this.nbsp; I went to school for business, and this could be a genuine opportunity.nbsp; However, I'm not sure if I'm ready to give up my time home with Nora yet.nbsp;

No, but that would be awesome!!!! I wish, and I don't think I live in an area that would support a business so awesome as that.  It's a Curves in my town. 

imageimage

• We just figured we would move on and just use it as a lesson learned. They would only spend like 8 hours a week with their kids and rotate the kids among multiple nannies and grandparents so they could live their kid free life they wanted. I have brought them up numerous times on the judgement day thread. I honestly really feel bad for their kids, they don't parent them at all. It made it really hard to work for them because I guess I just couldn't wrap my head around the fact that they were blessed with three healthy kids as they didn't even know their own kids. For the nannies, the kids were awesome because we were all structured and had rules and consequences. But they were downright awful for their parents who let them just go crazy.

So when they let me go, I really didn't care. I miss the kids but I don't miss the chaos. And it made me see that I couldn't be around people that neglect their kids emotionally. Now they spend most of their time with their kid free friends since we have had Gator, and we just act like we are always busy. We still hear from them occasionally but we don't reach out to them or invite them to do anything.
  • imagemissyleaferg:

imageElsa1984:
    imagemissyleaferg:

No, but that would be awesome!!!! I wish, and I don't think I live in an area that would support a business so awesome as that.  It's a Curves in my town. 

Oh I was going to say, "go rent it, open a kids coffee shop, and I will bring my new espresso machine!" Haha
  • Curves is awesome. I lost 60 lbs there.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagemissyleaferg:

imageElsa1984:
    imagemissyleaferg:

Open a kids coffee shop! N and I will come visit! Just kidding. I know it would never go over there.

When I was pregnant my grandma gave me these HIDEOUS pair of sandals. My feet were so sore during pregnancy (and even now) and DH suggested I try the sandals on. They were heaven on my feet. The brand was Curves. I have no idea if that's the same thing as the Curves weight loss but I felt I should confess I frequently wore hideous sandals during pregnancy.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DH is away on a boys trip. He's been gone 3 days now. Every night, I text him dirty pictures and videos. It really turns him on, and makes him hate being away from me even more. Sometimes I get lazy and don't want to do it, but part of me really loves how much it makes him miss me.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"