Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Ugh... I have the flu

I'm so worried DD2 is going to get it, not to mention DD1 and the fact that I'm already sleep deprived and now feel like I've been hit by a bus.  Anyone deal with illness like this and a young newborn and the newborn turn out to not get sick?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Ugh... I have the flu

• Options

Yes! Starting yesterday I am experiencing horrible body aches, extreme congestion, headache, sneezing, etc. Had the chills and took ibuprofen. This despite the fact that I got a flu shot so maybe I have a different strain.

Fortunately hubby is off of of work so starting yesterday he has taken over baby duties (feeding, changing diapers, etc.) while I try to rest and do other stuff. 

I have of course had to interact with LO but am trying to minimize his exposure to me as much as possible. When I do have to feed him I wear a face mask (I bought some from a medical supply pharmacy) and make sure I wash my hands really well. 

It is really upsetting though. I hate being away from him but want to make sure he's safe. I am going through terrible paranoia hoping that he didn't catch anything from me when I didn't have any symptoms.

• Options
    I had a 24 hour stomach bug that turned into more like a 60 hour bug with chills, migraine and diarrhea thanks to me breast feeding. My twin sister who is also breastfeeding got it too and had the same ordeal happen to her. We never stopped breastfeeding the whole time and somehow neither one of our babies got sick from it. Just us and man did it suck. All my other family members were healthy 24 hours later but not us...ugh.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"