September 2011 Moms
Options

NYE/NYD menu?

What is your plan for New Years Eve and New Years Day?

What does your menu look like?
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: NYE/NYD menu?

• Options
    NYD is always pork and sauerkraut. Always. It's bad luck to not eat that on New Year's Day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We have a couple friends coming over for NYE and I will be cooking dinner, but no finalized menu yet.  L will be here, so we won't be doing anything too exciting.  Possibly some RockBand or other Wii games or just chatting and drinking wine and snacking.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We usually have a NYE party with our kids. I'm planning a veggie platter appetizer and bean dip for us. Non-alcoholic "champagne". Make your own pizzas for the kids. This is the only time we do this all year and they just freak over it :) Also, make your own sundaes for dessert. Vanilla ice cream, choc sauce, caramel sauce, 2-3 sprinkles and cherries. Lots of giggles. We have noisemakers and hats and those poppers with streamers. Also, I was hoping to do the glowstick bathtub at some point in the evening. We tried it once in the summer, but it wasn't dark enough at their bathtime to get the effect, so we're going to try again. We'll do it in the big tub in our bathroom and play music and stuff. Hilarious!

We count down to "midnight" at either 8 or 9pm and then off to bed. Also, we might serve them each 12 grapes at "midnight". Supposed to be good luck in Spain? They'll like that.

Then, DH and I will cook a fancy grownup meal like fish tacos or shrimp skewers or shrimp pasta? We have a few favorites for occassions like this.

• Options
    imageCotton:

We usually have a NYE party with our kids. I'm planning a veggie platter appetizer and bean dip for us. Non-alcoholic "champagne". Make your own pizzas for the kids. This is the only time we do this all year and they just freak over it :) Also, make your own sundaes for dessert. Vanilla ice cream, choc sauce, caramel sauce, 2-3 sprinkles and cherries. Lots of giggles. We have noisemakers and hats and those poppers with streamers. Also, I was hoping to do the glowstick bathtub at some point in the evening. We tried it once in the summer, but it wasn't dark enough at their bathtime to get the effect, so we're going to try again. We'll do it in the big tub in our bathroom and play music and stuff. Hilarious!

We count down to "midnight" at either 8 or 9pm and then off to bed. Also, we might serve them each 12 grapes at "midnight". Supposed to be good luck in Spain? They'll like that.

Then, DH and I will cook a fancy grownup meal like fish tacos or shrimp skewers or shrimp pasta? We have a few favorites for occassions like this.

1. The imagery of 2-3 sprinkles is hilarious! Watch the sugar!

2. Your holiday fruit ideas are my new favorite things!!! I want to look into this more!

Also, why do I feel like these pictures of NYE will look like something straight from a magazine? Oh! because they will! You are SUUUUUPPPERRR MOM!

• Options

NYE: Undecided! I thought it would be fun to grill brats, make cheerseburger sliders, grill corn on the cob, and make chips and dip! We could munch on it through the night and then pop the bubbly once Bo went down! Champagne and BBQ just does not sound good Tongue Tied! I need ideas!!

NYD: Prime rib, baked potatoes, crab stuffed mushrooms, and our sinckerdoodle cream cake for dessert!

• Options
    imagebecasmeca:
    imageCotton:

1. The imagery of 2-3 sprinkles is hilarious! Watch the sugar!

2. Your holiday fruit ideas are my new favorite things!!! I want to look into this more!

Also, why do I feel like these pictures of NYE will look like something straight from a magazine? Oh! because they will! You are SUUUUUPPPERRR MOM!

Oh, Beca, I knew you'd like my kid party :) Can Bo come?

And please don't worry, because of course there will be great big jars of sprinkles!

Sometimes, I can't figure out where my hobbies went or what do I do for myself at home. I honestly think helping hte kids have fun is my hobby! Making memories?

• Options
    imageCotton:
    imagebecasmeca:
    imageCotton:

Sometimes, I can't figure out where my hobbies went or what do I do for myself at home. I honestly think helping hte kids have fun is my hobby! Making memories?

1. Beca is right - you are super mom!  The glowstick bath is so much fun!

2.  I think we need a weekly post from you about what kind of awesome things you are doing to make memories that week!  You always have such good ideas :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"