March 2013 Moms
Options

Storage Tip

A friend shared this with me about 6 years ago and it works great...thought I would share!

Use giant Zip-loc bags for storing baby clothes. (They make XL "Big Bags" that are 4 to a box). 

If you use on bag per size you can sort the clothes now and it is easy to see what is in the bag.  Then handy part is that there are handles and once you have say all your 3m clothes out, you hang the empty bag in the closet (or back of door or wherever) and as you notice things are getting too small you just toss them in. When it is full you zip it up and stash it away!

It has worked great through 5T clothes for my son and everything we have acquired so far for this baby is sorted into bags.  The clear bags make it easy to find things too (Our oldest's stuff was stored in Rubbermaid bins and I hated dogging through them or would inevitable not come across something until he had outgrown it.)

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Storage Tip

• Options
    Thanks for the tip.  We are a big fan of rubbermaid bins because they stack so well.  It would be easy enough to place the big ziploc bag into the bin to store it away when that size is not in use.  I may try this!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers   
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Add us to team "rubbermaid bins" too.  I have pretty much all my out of season stuff stored in them anyway and we have some nice shelving units in our basement that they fit nicely on.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the tip! I will definitely have to try this.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I think I have too many clothes for this! I'm trying to cut back now; we'll be out of closet space soon with 3 girls. I have one large Rubbermaid bin per size per season. The only exception is infant clothes. Then I fit 03 and 36 month in one bin and 69 and 912 month in another.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Options
    I might have to try this. As of right now everything is stored in cardboard boxes, I'm cheap. It's a pita to try to find everything.
    Alexander 03/13/2008 Jace 03/20/2013 

• Options
    I have used diaper boxes as we always have them. I always have one in the closet and throw things in when they're too small. I write on the outside sizes and any.specifics I might need.

DS1 -6/25/11

DS2 -3/23/13

Missed MC D&C 8/26/14

DD - 8/26/15

LO#4 due 5/30/17

• Options
    Currently my stuff is in bins, however, I recently learned that if it says "3 months" inside, it's actually 0-3. I had it stored in the 3-6. That means I have to reorganize!
    Married 6/08, TTC 7/09
    MC w/ D&C 3/11 ~ 9.5 weeks
    CP/MC 1/12 ~ 5 weeks
    2 IUI's w/ BFN
    IVF 6/12 ~ 8R, 0F ~ Rescue ISCI gave us 3dt of 2 (6 cell, 9+ cell)
    DS born ~ 3/3/13
    IVF 6/14 ~ Operation Sibling ~ 10R, 5F ~ 5dt of 1 Blast
    Beta 1: 1600+, Beta 2: 4588
    Everyone Welcome!
    image image
    Pregnancy Ticker image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"