June 2011 Moms
Options

Anyone here run or work out?

I started c25k in June and have done a few super slow 5ks since. I train on my treadmill cuz it's what works with weather and time, however I am burnt out and bored on the treadmill so I have been slacking the last few weeks/month.

How do u stay motivated? I need new tunes to listen too, what's on your playlist? Tia
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Anyone here run or work out?

• Options
    What c25k did you do?  I'm exploring different apps for that and am willing to pay for a 'pro' version.  My goal for 2013 is running.  Any running.  I can't even run a half a mile right now (not that I've tried in a very long time so that may not be correct given my overall improved fitness).  What is your musical taste in general?  My ipod has a little bit of everything, but find that there is one style of music that works best for me and my workouts - metal - fast, hard and angry usually works best for me.  Totally serious here.  But I"m a rock/metal fan in the first place.  If I don't like a specific genre of music it definitely is not going to motivate me to work out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm not currently running or working out, but before I got pregnant, I was using the Map my walk app on my iPhone and really liked it. I used it while walking outside, but it will work if you're walking in the mall or something. As for the music, I use Pandora and have a few stations programmed on there I like. I have 80s cardio radio, dance cardio radio pop fitness radio right now. If you have pandora, you could probably just search cardio or fitness and find a few that you like. My inspiration for working out is my "skinny" picture. I just found one from when I was my skinniest and overall fittest, so after baby 2 gets here, I'll post the picture on the fridge and see it everyday. I really keep thinking I'd like to be healthier for my kids too. Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I love to run. It makes me feel wonderful....it makes me feel healthy and it always puts me in a good mood - that's all the motivation I've ever needed because I just don't feel good about myself when I don't exercise regularly.

I don't have any particular play list that I listen to while I run. Most recently, I've been listening to the new Little Big Town album. 

Are you able to run outside? Running outside is WAY more fun to me than on the treadmill. It was pouring rain here yesterday and I had to go use the treadmill at the gym rather than running outdoors and it just wasn't the same. I think the fresh air and just the scenery outdoors is what makes it better. When it's just drizzling here, I just bundle up and run in the rain and I'm usually soaking wet when I get home, but I still prefer even running in the rain than on the treadmill!

BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
    Married: Feb 2008
    DD: June 2011
    TTC# 2: April 2014
    BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)
  • Options
    I use the FIT radio app.when I run. It allows you to pick how fast of music and type you want.

DS1 -6/25/11

DS2 -3/23/13

Missed MC D&C 8/26/14

DD - 8/26/15

LO#4 due 5/30/17

• Options

imageSunidaze:
    What c25k did you do?  I'm exploring different apps for that and am willing to pay for a 'pro' version.  My goal for 2013 is running.  Any running.  I can't even run a half a mile right now (not that I've tried in a very long time so that may not be correct given my overall improved fitness).  What is your musical taste in general?  My ipod has a little bit of everything, but find that there is one style of music that works best for me and my workouts - metal - fast, hard and angry usually works best for me.  Totally serious here.  But I"m a rock/metal fan in the first place.  If I don't like a specific genre of music it definitely is not going to motivate me to work out.

I was happy with "Ease into 5K" and am using it again starting next week. It has a green running guy like the old aol guy. 

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

• Options
    I was using running mate 5k101 and liked it just fine. Plus it was free

I don't care for country or hard metal it stresses me out or makes me sad. Pretty much anything else is okay I think. I do prefer up beat cuz I notice myself slow a bit when the music is slower.
  • Options
    Oh and I really can't go outside cuz I do it after kids are in bed and its dark and we have snow this time of yr.
  • Options

I'm a runner and my motivation is strictly vanity related.  I want to be a hot and happy mama.  I like being cute and sexy for my husband and running is the easiest and fastest way to do that.  Whenever I feel like I don't want to work out, I stare at my skinny jeans and off I go. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"