Delaware Babies

2nd trimester ultrasound

Does anyone know if the 2nd trimester ultrasound screening is for more tests to see if there is Down syndrome or is that suppose to be the anatomy scan?

When I went for my first trimester screen, they scheduled me for a 2nd trimester ultrasound but didn't tell me what it was for and they were so busy I didn't think to ask
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 2nd trimester ultrasound

• I believe it is usually for the anatomy scan. At least that is what I had mine for. Are you going to find out?
  • imagejtwin1:
    I believe it is usually for the anatomy scan. At least that is what I had mine for. Are you going to find out?

Also I would think if it was for another reason they would have told you when they scheduled it, or I hoped they would have!
  • Loading the player...
  • I really hope it is! I'm dying to know lol I'm convinced its a girl but ill be happy either way :
  • imageLittleDuckie2013:
    Does anyone know if the 2nd trimester ultrasound screening is for more tests to see if there is Down syndrome or is that suppose to be the anatomy scan? When I went for my first trimester screen, they scheduled me for a 2nd trimester ultrasound but didn't tell me what it was for and they were so busy I didn't think to ask

The 1st trimester scan is between 11-14 weeks or so, also called the NT screening, and tests for chromosomal abnormalities like Downs Syndrome and Trisomy 13/18.

In your second trimester (when you are between 18-22 weeks) there is a Level 2 ultrasound, or Anatomy Scan.  It is a very in depth ultrasound full of measurements where they look at all the developing organs and parts of your baby to ensure everything is ok.  At this time, a lot of people will also find out the sex of the baby.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"