Blended Families
Options

question on cs

We currently have sk every other weekend and every thursday, friday, and saturday afternoon. So pretty much for the last 3 years we've never really had a full weekend together which sometimes would be nice. Bm asked my fiance last week if he'd like to switch his days to every other weekend(as it is) and then the weekends that are not his to switch to wednesdays and thursdays.

My question is when calculating cs are weekends worth more then weekdays? If she ever takes us back to court for more money could she get more if we switch to more weekdays?

I hope this makes sense. Someone mentioned this to me and i was wondering if any of you have had experience with this. Thanks!

Re: question on cs

• Options
    I'm almost positive that individual days of the week aren't weighted differently in child support calculations.  If your state takes parenting time into account in this way, it would be based on the overall percentage of time that each parent has the child.  You could really easily google your state's child support calculation, however, if you want to confirm.  HTH!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

The state that handled my divorce (FL) takes into account the number of overnights with each parent. It doesn't matter which days of the week they are.

Every state is a little different, but I've never heard of a court weighing some days of the week over others. 

my read shelf:
    Erin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Overnights is how it is calculated here in NJ too.
  • Options
    PA goes off of overnights.
    No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside.

• Options
    Totally depends on the state. My state the time spent with the child is not included in the CS calculation at all.
    DD(14),SD(13),SS(11),SS(9),DS(3)

• Options
    IL is based on # of overnights also.  So my SD could spend all day, every day with one parent and then spend the night with the other parent and technically that would mean the other parent had 100% custody.
    Mama of 2: one who grew in my womb, both who grow in my heart.
  • Options
    How it is calculated varies state to state but I have not heard of any taking which days of the week are with which parent into account.  If you want to be sure I would look up your state's child support calculator online.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"