Illinois Babies
Options

Things to do with baby in winter

Hi there!  In a couple weeks we're going to Chicago for a long weekend.  Does anyone have any recommendations of things to do in Chicago with a baby in January? She'll be 7 months old, and can sit but isn't crawling.

Also, I'm conflicted on whether or not to bring a stroller.  We have a snap n go, and an umbrella stroller.  Will these be any good in bad weather, or are we better off just wearing her?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Things to do with baby in winter

• Options

Without really knowing where you are staying or what your transportation will look like, I'm not sure if I can say fully as to whether or not you should take or leave the stroller. Personally though, I always worry if our son will be warm enough in the umbrella stroller since the material is so thin when we will be outside for a prolonged period of time. So in that case if you are going to be outside, I would suggest either wearing her or using your snap n go, with wearing being easier if you are going to be in crowds of people, or even navigating on the El or buses.

As far as things to do, there are tons of museums in Chicago; Shedd Aquarium, Chicago Children's Museum (located at Navy Pier), Adler Planetarium, Field Museum, Museum of Science and Industry, etc. The Shedd may be the most visually appealing/stimulating for your little one though. Otherwise, Lincoln Park Zoo & Conservatory are free though you have to do some walking from animal house to animal house. You can also check out the calendar at Chicago Parent and see if anything catches your eye.

Also, are you coming from out of state? I ask only because many of the museums will have free days come January for Illinois Residents. Let me know if you need anything else!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"