Attachment Parenting
Options

Is this a safe cosleeping option?

Hey ladies - I like the Arm's Reach cosleeper but it is a bit expensive. I don't feel comfortable with having the baby right in bed with me because I won't be able to sleep. I am curious if this cosleeper is a safe option? Do you recommend it?
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Is this a safe cosleeping option?

• Options
    Back when we first started cosleeping, we used a snuggle nest, which is a very similar design. To be honest, we didn't use it for long. We put it away and just have him in our bed.

That was before I did any research on how safe cosleeping actually is. Why are you afraid you won't be able to sleep? Is it a safety concern?

I personally recommend skipping this and just cosleeping, but in answer to your question, yes it is safe...and actually more comfy than most packnplay bassinets.
    imageimage
  • Options
    I was going to buy the arms reach but i thought it was too expensive....you can check ebay tho i found some for a decent price....i ended up just having her in bed with me and we never had an issue but i am a light sleeper so she didnt sleep in the middle until almost a year old because DH sleeps like a rock
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I bought this when my LO was about 2 weeks old and refused to sleep anywhere but my arms. She then refused to sleep in this, so I returned it. It was quite large, but we only have a queen sized bed. If you have a king sized bed, t may be worth a try, but I wouldn't recommend it for a queen. I've since given in to full on bedsharing and love it! I was nervous at first, but after learning all of the safe ways to bedshare and the benefits of it, I relaxed and now enjoy it. If you are thinking of bedsharing, you can check out the book Attchment Parenting by Dr. Sears. This book helped me a lot.
  • Options
    We have a king sized bed.  We tried to use this.  Tried because DS refused to sleep anywhere but right up next to me or in my arms.  It's worth a try but don't throw out the box/receipt like I did!
  • Options
    We used this same cosleeper in our queen sized bed from 2 through 9 weeks, and loved it! We would fold it up and take it with us to grandparents houses for naps, etc. Don't get me wrong, it was a tight squeeze in a queen, but my husband and I both miss it! Just be aware that it you have a long baby, this product only fits babies up to 24 inches long. It's only meant for the first few months of life. For us though, it was perfect!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"