Preemies
Options

Transitioning to a crib

Hi everyone! Hope You all had a great holiday! I was lurking around on the 0-3 month board and was reading about transitioning to a crib. Some babies were in there cribs at 4 weeks, so my question is when did you transition your little one? We are still on oxygen, apnea mon, and the pulse ox. So she's still sleeping right next to me in her bassinet. We probably won't transition until we loose some of these accessories but should I start putting her down for naps in her crib? She is a 29 weeker adjusted 6 weeks and 3 days. Thanks have a great day! 

Re: Transitioning to a crib

• Options
    With both my girls, they were moved to the crib pretty early at 1 month. They were both in our room, but they and we didn't sleep much. They were never on any monitors and I felt like we were all ready to get some sleep. Like most preemies they made a ton of noise, and I was driving myself in sane with checking them constantly.

• Options
    We moved to a crib around 4.5m actual, DD was off her monitor and starting to squirm around sideways in the bassinet and get stuck which led to angry baby lol. Plus it was a lot easier to elevate her in the crib, we had to make something to securely elevate her bassinet and it was a nightmare on our toes at night from accidentally kicking it, we used a wedge in the crib, she rolls too much now to keep elevated lol.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you for your input ladies! Being that this is our first we went all out and bought the crib that turns into a full bed so it's gigantic and won't fit in our room. Lol. I'm going to try to get her to nap in there once a day and hopefully we will be shedding her monitors soon! Have a great weekend everyone! 
  • Options
    My little girl was on monitors and oxygen and we moved her to the crib when she was 4 months actual (about 1 month adjusted).  We started by putting her RNP in her nursery, then we put her in the crib for naps, and then transitioned her into it all the time.  We would still use the RNP for naps here and there.  We did that in June and she came off the oxygen in late July and off the apnea monitor in October.
    TTC Since July 2008.
    Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
    Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
    Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
    9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
    FET 1 3/2013 BFN
    FET 2 5/2013 BFN
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"