Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Formula Opinions (Gerber Brand)

I know all babies are different but I'm wondering if any of you ladies use the Gerber formulas?  

At first I was going to bottle feed only but then the idea of breast feeding grew on me... well my little guy just hates latching from the start.He screams and fusses and won't calm down and the stress for all of us led us back to bottle feeding... 

I don't have a pump yet (tight on money and the wic people still have not called me back yet).

So back to the Gerber thing... WIC only pays for Gerber brand so that's what I started with until I can get my coupons.  We bought a can of the Gentle version that is supposed to be closest to breast milk.  He seems to be doing ok on it but wasn't sure if there was a Gerber brand any of you Mom's liked better.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Formula Opinions (Gerber Brand)

• Options
    I used Gerber GoodStart gentle (it had a green label at the time) when I had to wean my son. He did very well on it. If you want to keep providing breastmilk, check with your insurance to see if they'll cover a pump.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I just switched LO from Enfamil to Gerber b/c I've heard good things. I'll let you know how it goes.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just an update that after staring him on the Gerber Good Start I noticed a change in stool consistency in color. On the Enfamil his stools were liquidy and yellow. Today his stools transitioned, first to green and a bit firmer consistency, to greyish green. I'm assuming the change in color/consistency is a normal side effect of change in diet but I'm going to keep an eye on it and will probably check in with my pediatricians to be sure.
  • Options
    I switched My Little one from Similac Advance to Gerber GoodStart Soothe -purple label- since its what WIC gave me. My little one is having issues with constipation right now. She is only 4 weeks old. So when/if you get WIC with what your using.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"