Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Stitches

When did yours come out after a vaginal delivery?
EDD#1 12/5/12 Born 11/21/12 My LB is better than your LB.BrittanyDoesDerby 4 LYFE!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
EDD#2 2.20.16 I love you already! <3

BabyFruit Ticker
FEB16 Siggy Challenge Fave TV mom

Re: Stitches

• Options
    2 weeks thereabouts to dissolve although the ob did snip off some loose ends after one week during the one week checkup.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimage image
  • Options
    I would say mine dissolved about 2 1/2 weeks in.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers 46808 845377924360 2036704678 n

WIMG950372 1

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm not sure when they dissolved. I had 10 or so stitches. When I went to my 6 week PP appt, she said all but one had dissolved. She just cut it out since the area was totally healed and said I was good to resume activity.

• Options
    Mine dissolved on their own. I'm not sure when, but at my four week appointment she told me everything had healed nicely, so sometime before then.
    Sept 2013 started TTC#2 (never got PP period so hoping for the first egg to drop)
    Jan 2014 - diagnosed POF (Premature Ovarian Failure) and told pregnancy not possible without egg donor because my ovaries would never function again with my hormone levels (FSH 136, LH 98.6, AMH <.03, estradiol 0, HCG 7) - using acupuncture, chiropractic care and TCM herbs / supplements
    March 11, 2014 ovulated despite every doctors prognosis!!!
    Oct 2014 hormones (FSH 48, Estradiol 89, HCG 1) not good, but heckuva lot better!

Nov. 16, 2015 FET of single adopted 5AA embryo - BFN
    Read all about my TCC Journey here in my Blog Taking Back My Ovaries
  • Options
    Most of mine fell out within 3-4 weeks. But, when I went in for my 6 week check up my OB did an internal and 2 of my stitches hadn't fell out due to the skin around it swelling up over the top of them. I am 8 weeks pp now and they finally both came out. 

Ourfasttrackfamily.blogspot.com

• Options

I'm 4 weeks PP and most of mine have dissolved. I still have a few visible. And 2 have had the visible part fall off, but the internal part is still stiff and pointy causing discomfort.  (I had at least 12 stitches)

With my first, I still had undissolved stitches at 8wks PP.  

• Options
    My OB used dissolvable stitches.  I could still feel them over 4 weeks.  
  • Options

My stitches also dissolved. The OB said it took a week or two to dissolve.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    They dissolved sometime between 2 and 3 weeks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"