Stay at Home Moms
Options

I just "came out" on Facebook

Comments were starting to pop up from people who already knew so I decided that I wanted to be the one to announce so I just did. With DS I remember being so excited to announce it to the whole world. I'm sad that it's so different this time around.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I just "came out" on Facebook

• Options

imagecjcouple:
    Wait, is it a bfp? Congrats How come your not excited? I think I missed something.

LOL, yes. You must not be able to see tickers?

I'm 14 weeks now but with 2 losses in the last year I'm a bit more cautious. I'm also currently on bed rest due to some complications that came up (nothing major, everything should be fine in the end).

• Options
    Congratulations!  I hope you are off bed rest and feeling better soon!
    DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm still on bed rest and the bleeding has slowed to spotting, and the cramping has gotten better too until I start to get up and move around. I see my OB on January 17th and I"m pretty confident she'll release me to pelvic rest and "light duty" as discussed at my last appointment.

It's been hard, especially with DS. He just doesn't understand and now we've had to find childcare for him so his whole world has been turned upside down. But, if this is what it takes to get this baby to term and healthy, it's what it takes and we'll all live!

• Options
    imageCurlingRocks:

Have you found a good support group for the next 3 weeks?  I found good support on the High Risk board, but I know some women who really loved sidelines.org for their support.  Another great resource is foodtidings.com, which allows you to set up meal delivery schedules if you need help with meals.  You just set up the schedule and FB or email it to your friends and family (who probably really want to help but don't know how) and they sign up for dates.

Also, if you have a mini crock pot, you can have hot soup or casseroles when you are home alone.  I wish someone would have suggested that before I was in the hospital and didn't need it anymore.  I got stuck eating PB&J sandwiches most days until we got a mini fridge for my bedside.  I'm full of unsolicited advice...

I haven't posted on the high risk board because I lurked the other day and my situation is nowhere near what those ladies are facing. I do have a few friends who have been dropping by to chat and see how I'm doing which has been nice. I feel like most people are either acting like I"m dying, or don't understand what the problem is and why I'm on bed rest so it's kind of weird. I don't know, maybe I'm just being sensitive right now cause I'm kind of an emotional mess.

Thanks for the suggestions, I hadn't really thought to use the crock pot. To be honest, my eating habits have gone to shiit because I'm afraid to get up during the day and I don't want to constantly be asking DH to bring me food. I know how stupid that sounds.

• Options
    imageCurlingRocks:
    imageQueSyrah:
    imageCurlingRocks:

Have you found a good support group for the next 3 weeks?  I found good support on the High Risk board, but I know some women who really loved sidelines.org for their support.  Another great resource is foodtidings.com, which allows you to set up meal delivery schedules if you need help with meals.  You just set up the schedule and FB or email it to your friends and family (who probably really want to help but don't know how) and they sign up for dates.

Also, if you have a mini crock pot, you can have hot soup or casseroles when you are home alone.  I wish someone would have suggested that before I was in the hospital and didn't need it anymore.  I got stuck eating PB&J sandwiches most days until we got a mini fridge for my bedside.  I'm full of unsolicited advice...

I haven't posted on the high risk board because I lurked the other day and my situation is nowhere near what those ladies are facing. I do have a few friends who have been dropping by to chat and see how I'm doing which has been nice. I feel like most people are either acting like I"m dying, or don't understand what the problem is and why I'm on bed rest so it's kind of weird. I don't know, maybe I'm just being sensitive right now cause I'm kind of an emotional mess.

Thanks for the suggestions, I hadn't really thought to use the crock pot. To be honest, my eating habits have gone to shiit because I'm afraid to get up during the day and I don't want to constantly be asking DH to bring me food. I know how stupid that sounds.

That doesn't sound stupid.  It sounds like you are following orders.  I got clearance to take the stairs about 6 weeks in, did so, and almost lost the baby and my own life.  You have to do what you think is best.  I'm so proud of you for following the orders!  I know how hard it is when you don't feel sick.  And most people won't be able to understand what you are going through.  I still don't have a way to get most people to understand. If you can get a counselor (or clergy, I had both) to stop by, that can really help you deal with the emotions.  I had an established relationship with my counselor, so she worked out house calls with me.  Skype is another good option.

Also, I love giving bed rest advice more than almost anything (I'm lame, I know), so ask me anything.  Smile

I did think about calling a therapist. After my 2nd miscarriage I went into a really bad depression and started seeing someone and it really helped.

Thanks for all your advice =) It's always nice to hear from someone who has been there before.

• Options
    [[Lurking...]]

I'm sorry you're off to such a rough start. I hope things improve soon. I was on bed rest with DD1, and something that helped was having a cooler packed with food next to me. Maybe your DH could pack a cooler for you each day with sandwiches, fruit, cheese, granola bars, yogurt, nuts, etc, so you have stuff on hand and don't have to get up to fix stuff.
    someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • Options
    Nothing to add, I just wanted to say best of luck to you!  Try to rest up and if you need some book recs, I have some awesome ones!! 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I thought you were professing your love for women on FB when I first opened this :)

Seriously, best of luck during the rest of your pregnancy. I didn't have FB back in the day when I got pregnant, I kinda wish I did though. 

E+C
    (+ hers and his, ages 13 & 8)
    TTC
  • Options
    Congrats!!!
    image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Options
    Congrats on the FB. Hope things get easier with your pregnancy. It is hard to have things go wrong and constantly be worrying.
  • Options
    Congratulations! Take it easy mama. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blogging about boobs, babies, bed lust & everything in between since 2007.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"