Two Under 2
Options

Baby bullet - yay or nay?

Going to try making own baby food this time around ... Have any of you used the baby bullet system? I checked the reviews on amazon and it's hit or miss- some absolutely love it and others absolutely hate it... Help! 

Re: Baby bullet - yay or nay?

• Options

I didn't have the bullet; I had the Beaba. You can actually steam the food in the Beaba, which is why I chose that one.

Honestly, I didn't use it as much as I thought I would. I did a lot of sweet potatoes and squash, but I just baked those and could have used a regular blender/food processor. And then I ended up buying a lot of food because I couldn't get it to a texture where DS would actually eat it.

As a sidenote, our table food isn't really baby-friendly (DH makes a lot of super-spicy stuff), so I didn't use it for blending table food at all. I know a lot of people do that, though.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We used one to make food for baby #1 and will used it again when the time comes for #2.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    nay. Just use a regular food processor.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers natural miscarriages- 12/18/07 & 2/18/13 (AKA:KRISTA555)
  • Options
    I have one that I got just for this last LO. We LOVED it and I ended up making more baby food this time than I did for any of the other kids. I liked all the extra dishes and stuff that went along with it and not having to use all our regular stuff. And when we were done with it, it all went back to the box in the basement.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

YAY! but DS still uses it...

it was great to have and easy to clean and store.

if you have a food processor it's nice but just a pain to take out and clean all the time.

it's also nice to just throw in his overnight bag if you're travelling or he's sleeping over at grandparents place.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for your input!
  • Options
    I got it as a gift and loved it.  But if someone didn't buy it for me, I would have just used my blender :)  Basically the same thing.

• Options
    Nay. Just make sure you have a good blender. I recommend the Ninja. Having one exclusively for baby food is silly. I did like having the green sprouts silicone freezer trays. Highly recommend. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

imageluvmyducks:
    I got it as a gift and loved it.  But if someone didn't buy it for me, I would have just used my blender :)  Basically the same thing.

We got ours gifted to us as well.  I do use the baby bullet, but more so to make smoothies for my girls now.  The small sized mixer is great for one serving and the bigger one works awesome for two.  I do mostly just table foods from the get go though, so I don't really make a whole lot of baby food to start with.

Daughter #1 - February 12, 2010 

natural m/c March 11, 2011 at 8 1/2 weeks 

Daughter #2 - January 11, 2012 

Ectopic pregnancy discovered November 6, 2012 at 6 weeks

Daughter #3 - January 19, 2014

Started our exploration into the world of international adoption June 2012.  We have no idea what this is going to look like but we are excited to find out!

image              image

• Options
    Love my Baby Bullet but HATE, HATE, HATE the Baby Bullet steamer - I returned it.
  • Options
    I loved the baby bullet but it was not something I would have went out of my way to get. It was a baby gift and I did not have a reliable blender nor food processor. And I preferred making my own baby food over buying the horrible tasting stuff from the store.
    "What are you having?" "Well the radiologist says its a healthy little human baby. I'm a little disappointed, because I really wanted a puppy." LOL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"