Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Cradle cap remedies?

My daughter has cradle cap that seems to be getting worse. Any tips to help? I have been putting baby oil on her head and brushing with a soft brush, but that does not seem to help.

Re: Cradle cap remedies?

• Options

I haven't had to deal with cradle cap, but other mom's have recommended this shampoo for it on another board I read

https://www.amazon.com/Paul-Mitchell-Shmpoo-Unisex-Ounce/dp/B000SHQHMA

I bought it and use it as a preventative measure

• Options
    My pedi told me yesterday to use selson blue once a week on her head
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I used olive oil and a comb. Worked well!
    "Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut
  • Options

This is the hippie chick in me coming out, but I have a theory I haven't tested yet...breastmilk. It may seem totally crazy, but my thinking is that if if can help with blocked tear ducts and cuts and scrapes, it might as well be worth a shot at cradle cap! :)

I'd squirt some on LO's head, brush gently then wash as usual. Like I said, this is just a theory, but it certainly won't hurt to try! 

Anniversary g
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I swear by California Babies Tea Tree Oil shampoo. It cleared up even the eczema flakes on DD's head and she hasn't had any issues/flakes since. I tried the oil and all it did was make DD's hair gross and the flakes just clumped more.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Mustela newborn shampoo worked great for me.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageLSU628:
    I swear by California Babies Tea Tree Oil shampoo. It cleared up even the eczema flakes on DD's head and she hasn't had any issues/flakes since. I tried the oil and all it did was make DD's hair gross and the flakes just clumped more.

I've ordered some shampoo from amazon. Thank you.
  • Options
    I used grape seed oil. I'd put it on at the beginning of a bath, let it sit while bathing. Then used a soft bristle brush to loosen the flakes and wash with baby shampoo. It worked great. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"