Dads & Dads-to-be

"Man Shower"

Want to do something along the lines of bring a case of beer/pack of diapers and paintball, but we aren't doing disposable diapers. Thoughts?

Re: "Man Shower"

• Would take a bit more effort from the guys, but it is possible for them to get cloth diapers.  I've heard of "man showers" where it is poker, with a pack of diaper buy-in, paintball would work too if that is what his buddies are into.
  • I think something like that would be cool. As a guy, we kind of get left out of things like that. I mean, when we get married, we get a bachelor party, if you want one. When it comes to the baby, it's typically been a "female-oriented" affair. As modern, enlightened men, I think a lot of us would like to partake in these types of activities more often. 

That being said, if you're putting this event together, it would be in your best interest to inform your friends/family of your cloth-diapering choice and give them viable outlets to find those types of diapers.  

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Hey thanks guys. My wife is planning to make the diapers, so the only other thing I could think of that babies need a lot of  would be onesies? That was my thought exactly, to partake in something for the baby too, since a couples shower was shot down by the women who have offered to host the shower. They prefer the more traditional route, so I thought I would give this a go.
  • [ I've heard of "man showers" where it is poker, with a pack of diaper buy-in]

That's a cool idea--I wasn't quite sure how the diapers fit in with the whole deal. 

• My brother-in-law does a poker tourney whenever he or a friend has a baby. They charge a package of diapers and a package of wet wipes for a buy in of $5,000 in chips. They can bring an extra pack of diapers for an extra $2,500 or an extra pack of wipes for $1,000. The expecting parents provide food and drink and cash prizes for the top three (I think $100, $50 and $25). He usually gets about 12-15 players and feels it's more than worth the costs.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I love it. You could have them bring 1 item and give a list of simple things to choose from: wipes, onesies, footie pjs, burp cloths, wash cloths etc..
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• This would be so cool, thanks!
  • I've never heard of a man shower, but that sounds cool, especially the poker idea with the baby gift buy-ins. Let us know how it goes. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My hubby always has me buy the baby/wedding/whatever gift when a "MAN DAY" is declared. then he gets the beer. so, if your friends are like him, make sure their SO knows what to buy
    Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"