January 2012 Moms

First Birthday

Today is DS's 1st birthday. Due to the horrible winter storm we had Christmas night, we are stuck at my sisterinlaw's messy, dirty apartment. I'm thankful to be in one of the few places where there is heat and lights in the city, but sad this will be my memory of his first birthday. Our power may not be restored for up to another week or more so I don't even know when we will finally get the chance to celebrate. I know he is too young to know the difference right now but it makes me a sad momma.

Re: First Birthday

• We're going to be moving across the country on DS' birthday, but we're going to celebrate it with friends and family a couple of weeks later to make up for the lack of celebration on the day of birth. :) Maybe you can do something like that too?
    imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Oh yes planned to anyway since his bday is 2 days after Xmas. Was just hoping to be able to have a small celebration today.

• Loading the player...
  • So sorry!  On the brighter side, thank goodness you weren't in a winter store a year ago, could have made for a more challenging arrival.  Hang in there, hopefully as time passes, you can look back and laugh a little.  Stay warm. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"