14 Weeks Pregnant

14 wks today

and so far 9 pnds is that normal for 14 wks?

I have 2 other children 3 1/2 and 10 yr old.

My 2nd pregnancy was hard to lose the weight. this time around I want to do it right, because I'm 31 with my 3rd baby.

any thoughts?

Re: 14 wks today

• I'm 14 weeks today and I've gained 9lbs too!  I think it's normal?  This is my first pregnancy but I'm trying to eat well and exercise regularly. I think all that matters is that you feel good about yourself because everyone is different.

• That is great advice! We are so different. I have gained 2 lbs from my Pre-preggers weight, but I lost a few pounds in the first trimester. In the last month I have gained 5 lbs.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm 31 with my first baby on the way.  My doc. said we all gain weight differently.  I gained 5 during my first tri.  She said some women gain more at the beginning and then even out, some don't gain anything for a long time and then put it on towards the end...I think as long as the end result of 25 to 35 lbs.overall by the end of pregnancy works out for us, we should be fine no matter how/when we gain.  Keep exercising!!!  I heard that after you give birth, your body is still producing more blood flow for quite a while, so it's easier to lose the lbs.
  • Hard to say I think!  I am 14 weeks tomorrow, and I have gained 5lbs so far.  I was told 2-4 lbs (total) the first 12 weeks, then 1-1.5 per week during the second trimester.  We'll see!  This is my first pregnancy, so not sure what to expect...
  • I am 14 wks as of this past Sat. and I haven't gained any weight at all.  It actually makes me nervous that I hardly have any cravings and I'm not gaining anything.  Besides my jeans all my normal clothes still fit.
  • I'm at 9 pounds too!  And I think it is all belly and boobs.  Big Smile
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • wow, well congrtas to all you ladies! yes we are all different . this is baby number 3 for me, and im 14 weeks also havent gained a pound ! but i feel huge! my boobs are huge my belly cant be hidden anymore my hips and but are also very curvy, although i eat lots of fruit as snacks drink water no juices, and run and exercise everyday atleast 2 hours. im so happy with this. just remembering with the first i gained close to 100 pounds!!!! and second i gained 40! those pounds were sooooo hard to get off! im scared to start all over again!
  • I'll be 14 weeks tomorrow and I've gained 10lbs. No sickness for me the first trimester, so I've been hungry the whole time!  Sadly I've also had extreme fatigue, so I haven't been exercising almost at all...not such a good combo.

Here's hoping second trimester brings back my energy to exercise!

• I'm 14 weeks and this is my first baby. I have gained 3 pounds so far.

I agree with what everyone else is saying -- that it's different for everyone. :) I'm 5'9 for instance and my body may handle pregnancy very differently than say someone who is 5'3 like my mama. ;) I have friends who lost weight within the first trimester and were trying to put it back on in the second. And others, like me, who didn't get morning sickness or lose weight, but just have a slow and steady incline in weight. I have friends who have also gained 60 pounds total. It's different for everyone.

Regardless of how you're gaining, I think now is the time to embrace whatever changes we experience and just throw the word "normal" out the window. Now is the time to just focus on the JOY and the blessing we've been given. :) We're having a baby! YAY! 

• I'll be 14 weeks tomorrow with twins. I've gained about 6 lbs. I just think everyone's different and as long as you and your doctor are talking and he/she hasn't said anything about your weight gain, you should be fine.
  • In my first trimester I lose 10 lbs but the Dr said that the baby is getting big and is growing just fine. 

• I'm 14 weeks as of today and I have gained about 27 pounds so far and I'm pretty sure I'm not having twins . It's crazy how do you control your weight?
  • 14 weeks and gained 3lbs... Lots of exercise and crazy healthy diet! Depends on your BMI pre-pregnancy as to how much weight you need to gain. Naturally lower BMI's need to gain more to sustain mom and baby for 40 weeks, higher need to gain less. I was smack in the middle so just about right on par. But like someone else said, as long as you are healthy and feel good!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm 14 weeks and also only gained 9lbs since i started. My doctor said you should only gain up to 25 lbs your whole pregnancy so i think we're in a good start.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"