Health & Exercise
Options

Getting back into my jeans

I'm a FTM so I'm not sure exactly what to expect!

I had a c-section a month ago and I've lost the weight fairly quick. I'm about 4-5 pounds away from what I weighed before I got pregnant. I wouldn't think 5 pounds would make such a difference, but my jeans still don't fit right at all. All my friends have kids and they think I'm being ridiculous because they said it took them forever for their clothes to fit again, not just their jeans. I still have a couple more weeks before my postpartum check-up so I don't want to start exercising until they say it's okay. I was just wondering, realistically, how long it will take to get back into my jeans. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Getting back into my jeans

• Options

Your friends are probably a bit more realistic than you think.  Even if you get back to that weight or even a little under...it is not just the weight, but your body has changed...perhaps not to the extent that those of us who had vaginal deliveries, but still, it has changed a bit.  I'd give it a bit more time.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

It's not just about what the number on the scale is.

Pregnancy makes your hips widen, butt bigger, boobs bigger, maybe even ribs wider. Things have to shift to fit an entire baby in there!

I lost the weight very quickly after a vaginal delivery, even awesomely was under my pre-preggo weight for a while (woot woot!). I was back into my heavier weight jeans after a month, and into my normal jeans after 3-4.

Everyone's bodies are different though. If your hips got much wider, you may never fit back into them. Oh heck, maybe you'll slim down even more (like I did) and those clothes will be too big! You'll get there when you get there.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

You will get there. Just takes a little time, probably more than you'd like. In my case, I was 120# PP (I'm 5'2") and comfortably fit into a size 0. I gained 66# (yikes!!!) and it took me 7 months to get it off :( and then it kept coming off without doing anything different :-) 

I'm now 107-108 and a size 00. I had to get all new clothes. My frame is really petite and narrow so even an XS is big on me sometimes.

It will come off and you may even end up smaller than before :-) 

ETA: I had a c-section too :)
  • Options
    imageLindsayNY:

You will get there. Just takes a little time, probably more than you'd like. In my case, I was 120# PP (I'm 5'2") and comfortably fit into a size 0. I gained 66# (yikes!!!) and it took me 7 months to get it off :( and then it kept coming off without doing anything different :-) 

I'm now 107-108 and a size 00. I had to get all new clothes. My frame is really petite and narrow so even an XS is big on me sometimes.

It will come off and you may even end up smaller than before :-) 

ETA: I had a c-section too :)
    This made me excited and hopeful...thank you. I am 3 months PP and still above my pre-pregnancy weight but I am hoping that I keep dropping weight and I will be at my goal weight (about 25 lbs less than my pre-pregnancy weight) by August.
    imageimageimage

• Options
    You will! It's like 90% motivation/determination and 10% actual work. As long as you are consistent with exercise and eating right you will get there :)
  • Options
    After all 3 kids, I bought jeans in a size or two bigger to wear at first.  Even if you lost the weight, your body usually is not shaped the same.
  • Options

I am 20 lbs away from PP weight. I have been stalled for 6 weeks at this weight. I did have some jeans from before for this weight and they no where near fit me. My hips, butt, and ribs have gotten bigger, my bust was always really large. I understand that i will have to buy all new clothes but I was hoping could atleast get down to my PP weight. Ugh! This is frustrating!

• Options
    After two kids, I now weigh the same as I did before baby #1, but I had to get rid of most of the jeans I was wearing then - my hips are wider, probably my butt, too. I'm also 4 years older, and things do shift with age. I still feel "in shape" I just don't compare my body now to my pre-baby body. I gave birth to two children for chrissakes, I would think my body would be different, not bad different, just different.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"