Baby Showers
Options

Awww, Wyattlove DD'ed...

I'm just so surprised!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Awww, Wyattlove DD'ed...

• Options
    Does that mean no birthday party or no shower?  Or..... gasp! not both! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Options
    So can I get a recap?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageJoy2611:
    There was another post by coffeebeen, I think, that was asking why a second shower is wrong.nbsp; That was DDed, too.nbsp; I'm not sure why.nbsp; It was a good question and full of good answers.

Full of good answers???? Haha I doubt it. I bet there was a dozen repeat answers, and somewhere within each answer, the word dictate was used. Just saying that the DD's aren't the only thing repetitive around this board.
  • Options

imageSamiantha101:
    imageJoy2611:
    There was another post by coffeebeen, I think, that was asking why a second shower is wrong.nbsp; That was DDed, too.nbsp; I'm not sure why.nbsp; It was a good question and full of good answers.
    Full of good answers???? Haha I doubt it. I bet there was a dozen repeat answers, and somewhere within each answer, the word dictate was used. Just saying that the DD's aren't the only thing repetitive around this board.

Then why are you here?  

• Options
    imageJoy2611:

imageSamiantha101:
    imageJoy2611:

There's only so many ways to say that shaking down your friends for gifts in the name of "celebrating" the baby isn't appropriate.

You're a bit fired up.

And yes, I consider it a good question with good answers.  Sometimes people don't think things through beyond "I threw away my crib."  All the reasons why it wasn't a good idea was right there.  Sorry you don't agree with the responses.

Exactly! I don't get why all the "regulars" find the need to post the exact same answer as the previous dozen posters. If it's been answered previously, and you feel the same, I don't really see why it's necessary to clog up a thread with an answer. that. was. the. same. as. the. previous. poster's.

Anyhow, I first stumbled upon this board when I was pregnant. I was interested in all things baby. Now, I lurk for the constant drama to LOL at, and obviously I throw in an occasional comment, ya know, to give the "regulars" something more to get their undies in a bunch over.
  • Options

imageSamiantha101:
    Exactly! I don't get why all the "regulars" find the need to post the exact same answer as the previous dozen posters. If it's been answered previously, and you feel the same, I don't really see why it's necessary to clog up a thread with an answer. that. was. the. same. as. the. previous. poster's. Anyhow, I first stumbled upon this board when I was pregnant. I was interested in all things baby. Now, I lurk for the constant drama to LOL at, and obviously I throw in an occasional comment, ya know, to give the "regulars" something more to get their undies in a bunch over.

That is kind of pathetic. And the reason that I sometimes post what someone else has already said is because I want to OP to know that it's not just that one person that thinks that. Especially if it is a question about etiquette.  

• Options

imageAdam&Eve2:
    So can I get a recap?

Poster wanted to host her little boy's birthday party and her own shower for her #2 on the same day.  Really.

• Options
    imageRoxyLynn:

imageAdam&Eve2:
    So can I get a recap?

Poster wanted to host her little boy's birthday party and her own shower for her #2 on the same day.  Really.

Wow...there are no words. 

• Options
    imageAdam&Eve2:

imageSamiantha101:
    Exactly! I don't get why all the "regulars" find the need to post the exact same answer as the previous dozen posters. If it's been answered previously, and you feel the same, I don't really see why it's necessary to clog up a thread with an answer. that. was. the. same. as. the. previous. poster's.

Anyhow, I first stumbled upon this board when I was pregnant. I was interested in all things baby. Now, I lurk for the constant drama to LOL at, and obviously I throw in an occasional comment, ya know, to give the "regulars" something more to get their undies in a bunch over.

That is kind of pathetic. And the reason that I sometimes post what someone else has already said is because I want to OP to know that it's not just that one person that thinks that. Especially if it is a question about etiquette.  

Because you CLEARLY should be pointing out etiquette faux pas. Who was it that gave her hosts a list things she DIDN'T want? Oh wait, that was you. Some people may mistake you for being ungrateful. Me? I just think you've spent too much time on the bump baby shower board.
  • Options
    imageBliss+Berry:
    imageAdam&Eve2:

imageSamiantha101:

Lol. Oh how merry it must be throw stones from glass houses. Enjoy your drink of hypocrisy.

I'm fairly certain this entire thread was created and centered around ~gasp~ creating drama.

Be as it may, I must give thanks for a bit of amusement.

All this.   

• Options
    imageEstwd2:
    imageSamiantha101:

I don't get why all the "regulars" find the need to post the exact same answer as the previous dozen posters.

Oh, oh, oh, wait! I have the perfect example of why we do this. There was a post from last week or the week before, not exactly sure when, where the conversation when something like this...

OP: I want to do something tacky. Is it okay?

About 26 regulars: No, it's tacky. Do [blank] instead.

OP: But you guys are just mean. I want to be tacky. I'm a special snowflake.

The same 26 regulars: Okay fine, but you're being tacky.

Regular #27: Actually, they're right. I'm agreeing with them entirely, but just stating it slightly differently.

OP: OMG, you're right. Great idea. Thanks! That's the kind of feedback I was looking for.

26 regulars: WHAT?! We just said all that on page one! 

See? Sometimes people don't get it until poster #27 chimes in. Coincidentally, that's when they're most likely to DD. When they've realized they're boneheads and 27 other people are brighter than they are.

^yep!

trying for #1 since May 2012... we're adopting! bringing home baby boy in january 2015!

photo tacos.gif
    Texas forever. 
  • Options
    imageSamiantha101:
    imageBliss+Berry:
    imageAdam&Eve2:

imageSamiantha101:
    Exactly! I don't get why all the "regulars" find the need to post the exact same answer as the previous dozen posters. If it's been answered previously, and you feel the same, I don't really see why it's necessary to clog up a thread with an answer. that. was. the. same. as. the. previous. poster's. Lol. Oh how merry it must be throw stones from glass houses. Enjoy your drink of hypocrisy. I'm fairly certain this entire thread was created and centered around ~gasp~ creating drama. Be as it may, I must give thanks for a bit of amusement. Anyhow, I first stumbled upon this board when I was pregnant. I was interested in all things baby. Now, I lurk for the constant drama to LOL at, and obviously I throw in an occasional comment, ya know, to give the "regulars" something more to get their undies in a bunch over.

All this.   

You really suck at the quote function btw. And I know that you are posting not because you care but because you like to stir up trouble. And I wanted to let you know that I respond not because I care what you think (you have to respect someone to care about their opinion) but because it is a slow day and driving is restricted due to snow. 

• Options
    imageSamiantha101:
    imageAdam&Eve2:

imageSamiantha101:
    Exactly! I don't get why all the "regulars" find the need to post the exact same answer as the previous dozen posters. If it's been answered previously, and you feel the same, I don't really see why it's necessary to clog up a thread with an answer. that. was. the. same. as. the. previous. poster's. Anyhow, I first stumbled upon this board when I was pregnant. I was interested in all things baby. Now, I lurk for the constant drama to LOL at, and obviously I throw in an occasional comment, ya know, to give the "regulars" something more to get their undies in a bunch over.

Because you CLEARLY should be pointing out etiquette faux pas. Who was it that gave her hosts a list things she DIDN'T want? Oh wait, that was you. Some people may mistake you for being ungrateful. Me? I just think you've spent too much time on the bump baby shower board.

Ironically I was making sure that I didn't have any tacky at my shower. And I realize now that I failed to add that my hostess asked if there was anything that I liked/disliked. I gave her my dislikes. *shrugs*

• Options

Is it good etiquette to be nasty to someone just because you disagree with them? Or to be as rude, smarmy, and smug as possible to someone because their earnest question makes you feel superior? 

That's the overwhelming tone on this board, and quite frankly it seems that most of the ladies who are so committed to this inane and stuffy brand of "etiquette" love to jump at the chance to be rude. 

Is that classy or klassy? Regardless, I think it's gross. 

• Options
    imagejkrox:

Is it good etiquette to be nasty to someone just because you disagree with them? Or to be as rude, smarmy, and smug as possible to someone because their earnest question makes you feel superior? 

That's the overwhelming tone on this board, and quite frankly it seems that most of the ladies who are so committed to this inane and stuffy brand of "etiquette" love to jump at the chance to be rude. 

Is that classy or klassy? Regardless, I think it's gross. 

Yes. 

• Options

Perhaps you've simply been immersed in it too long, but the snark on this board is CRAZY. I've been on a lot of mommy/pregnancy boards over the years, and the level of backhanded, sarcastic, snappiness on this board is just unmatched. 

YOU may make an effort not to be nasty in your comments, but that doesn't mean others do.  

The OP that this post is in reference to didn't even get a second post in before the insults and/or rude responses were hurled at her. Honestly, it seems par for the course now that I'm reading other posts on second showers or any other "rule" that the majority on this board feels is being violated.

I just think the amount of vitriolic judgment expressed over what a baby shower is or isn't is just so unbelievably silly and pointless. Ironically, this sort of rudeness is the opposite of class. It's just funny.

• Options
    imagejkrox:

Perhaps you've simply been immersed in it too long, but the snark on this board is CRAZY. I've been on a lot of mommy/pregnancy boards over the years, and the level of backhanded, sarcastic, snappiness on this board is just unmatchedAwwww, thanks...Embarrassed

Oh, and...

YES.  She got some pretty strongly worded responses.  She wanted to throw a party for herself so that she wouldn't have to foot the bill for the stuff for her new kid.  She was also trying to incorporate it into her poor son's birthday party, so that her friends and family would need to bring two gifts. And they all had to travel to it.  It was extraordinarily tacky.  Those repsonses are given because it's appalling that someone could feel so entitled to "stuff" that they would even think of this.  You might say we were rude, but all we told her was how tacky it was to throw your own gift-giving event, not to mention try to milk your family and friends out of TWO gifts.  I didn't stroke her hair and say "now Buttercup, you might not want to hear this but it's not very nice to throw your own shower.  I know you really want things, and you don't want to buy them yourself, but hopefully your friends and family will still buy you things.  You're the most special girl ever, so even if you do this, everything will still be OK because it's what YOU want to do."

If you don't like the board, then get off of it.  Your words are falling on deaf ears to the "regulars" you refer to.  Trust me, we've heard it all before.  You're just the next person in line to tell us what meanie-heads we are.  *yawn*

• Options

Oh, yes. I'm well aware that there are plenty of grown women who get there kicks by being judgmental, rude and reveling in their self-righteousness to strangers on the internet.

I just think that being a diick in the name of "proper behavior" is obviously hypocritical and unintelligent to boot. 

• Options
    imagejkrox:

Oh, yes. I'm well aware that there are plenty of grown women who get there kicks by being judgmental, rude and reveling in their self-righteousness to strangers on the internet.

I just think that being a diick in the name of "proper behavior" is obviously hypocritical and unintelligent to boot. 

I like the use of "vitriolic" and then "women who get there kicks."  If you're going to try to sound intelligent and tell the rest of us how unintelligent we are, you might want to proofread. 

• Options

Bump Burp

• Options

Of course you would feel the need to zero in on a grammatical error. Of course.

I actually didn't call you, or anyone else, unintelligent. I think that some of your attitudes/opinions/comments on this board are rude and are composed in a classless manner. It makes your arguments in defense of etiquette appear to lack critical thought. If you genuinely cared about manners, you would show some when you speak to others.

That being said, I don't need to "try to sound" intelligent. I am intelligent. Despite a lack of patience for proofreading, I'm perfectly secure in that knowledge.

• Options
    But hey, cool life choices!
  • Options

imageJoy2611:
    There was another post by coffeebeen, I think, that was asking why a second shower is wrong.  That was DDed, too.  I'm not sure why.  It was a good question and full of good answers.

I was super annoyed by that! 

• Options

imageSamiantha101:
    imageJoy2611:

So it WAS full of good answers...

Just because something is repeated doesn't mean it's bad.  I've said the Lord's Prayer a lot.  I've said the Pledge of Allegiance repetitively (stupid elementary school making me repeat myself!).  I tell my daughter I love her all the time.  I'm sure she's sick of hearing it.Hmm

• Options
    imagejkrox:

I actually didn't call you, or anyone else, unintelligent. .

Yeah, exept that you DID.

"I just think that being a diick in the name of "proper behavior" is obviously hypocritical and unintelligent to boot."

• Options
    Yes, arguing against something while actively doing that thing is unintelligent as it undermines your entire argument. Saying that is not the same thing as saying "you are all unintelligent people for doing this." I find it hard to believe that that wasn't immediately clear to you. In any event, you've done a fine job of picking apart the details so as to ignore the larger sentiment. Kudos?
  • Options
    imageCranang:

imageSamiantha101:
    imageJoy2611:

Just because something is repeated doesn't mean it's bad.  I've said the Lord's Prayer a lot.  I've said the Pledge of Allegiance repetitively (stupid elementary school making me repeat myself!).  I tell my daughter I love her all the time.  I'm sure she's sick of hearing it.Hmm

Cranang, you don't tell me you love me nearly enough...

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Options

imagejkrox:
    Yes, arguing against something while actively doing that thing is unintelligent as it undermines your entire argument. Saying that is not the same thing as saying "you are all unintelligent people for doing this." I find it hard to believe that that wasn't immediately clear to you. In any event, you've done a fine job of picking apart the details so as to ignore the larger sentiment. Kudos?

No, no I got the larger sentiment.  I just don't care about it.  There's a difference.

• Options
    imageBliss+Berry:
    imageLiz4444:
    imageCranang:

imageSamiantha101:
    imageJoy2611:

Cranang, you don't tell me you love me nearly enough...

Liz, would you mind explaining this "scissorsister" badge to me?  I keep seeing them and quite frankly alternate between blushing and getting all hot and bothered.  

Ditto Bliss.  Though I don't blush...LOL.  I keep thinking that those are funky looking boobs though.  Perhaps it's jealousy.  In any event, Liz, from the bottom of my black, cold, heart, I love you.  But I could never expect someone like you to love someone as unintelligent as me back...*Sigh* 

• Options
    imageSmileyGirl18:

I don't really have anything to add except that I missed the BS board.  I haven't been around for a while and I love that I can come back and always find a good thread to read.  

Thanks for the entertainment (and that was not meant to be snarky!)

Smiley!!  I was just wondering how you were doing.  You little man is awesome!!!

• Options
    imageSmileyGirl18:
    imageCranang:
    imageSmileyGirl18:

I don't really have anything to add except that I missed the BS board.  I haven't been around for a while and I love that I can come back and always find a good thread to read.  

Smiley!!  I was just wondering how you were doing.  You little man is awesome!!!

Thanks!  I spent the last six weeks of my pregnancy miserable and wasn't online much.  E was born November 9.  I see not much has changed around here...  ;)

I took a rather large break myself.  After the miscarriage and my first daughter's birthday, I couldn't take the Bump.  However, I have my days.  You missed a real doozy on this one...she wanted to combine her son's birthday with her second baby shower.  Sheesh.

• Options
    imageSmileyGirl18:
    imageCranang:
    imageSmileyGirl18:
    imageCranang:
    imageSmileyGirl18:

Thanks!  I spent the last six weeks of my pregnancy miserable and wasn't online much.  E was born November 9.  I see not much has changed around here...  ;)

I took a rather large break myself.  After the miscarriage and my first daughter's birthday, I couldn't take the Bump.  However, I have my days.  You missed a real doozy on this one...she wanted to combine her son's birthday with her second baby shower.  Sheesh.

I am so sorry, I didn't know you miscarried. I can only imagine that combined with Sabrina's birthday must have been really tough.  I can't even imagine.  I know I count my blessings every day for my healthy little man.  

I am bummed I missed this post.  It sounds like a good one and one where this sleep deprived mama would have loved to set her straight.

On a side note, I do think of the regulars on this board when I read E a book I got at my shower, especially if there is something written to him in the front cover ;)

Actually, my first daughter was Celeste.  She was stillborn on Halloween 2010.  Sabrina was born on October 27, 2011.  It's just a rough time of year to have a miscarriage. Sad

It was a good one though...you'll have to check back in more often.  The Bump got me through those sleepless newborn nights. LOL.

• Options
    Wait...we've jumped topics too much...who am I supposed to be repeating here?  I don't know what I should be commenting on.  Who am I supposed to be snarky to? 

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • Options
    imageEstwd2:

And maybe because I think there's a special hell for people who have second baby showers...and talk at the theater. 

^^See? Funny.

Firefly Reference!! Woo hoo! 

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

Smiley!  We missed you!  Your little guy is adorable. 

Bliss and Cranang, I really don't know the story behind the boob badge, but a few of my girls on Oct 11 had it and so I wanted one too.  I'm such a follower, but who doesn't want 4 boobs?

And, C, of course I love you!!!!  You too, Bliss!

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Options

I am rarely snarky (and wasn't at all in the DD'ed post), but if someone comes out and asks if something they want to do is "tacky" I will tell them if I think it is tacky or not.  Usually if a person has to ask if something his tacky - it usually is because otherwise it most likely would be the "norm" in their circle of friends/family and they wouldn't even ask.  I will sometimes quote another PP but add my own thoughts as well (maybe an experience, etc).

Personally, I think it is RUDE to DD.  Most people have spent the time to read the post, plus the answers and answer it themselves...then the OP DD's it.  It is a total waste of time for people to try to help the OP...and many do actually try to help. 

BTW...how are people able to DD so easily?  I tried a couple of times because once I posted I noticed the answer was further back but couldn't get rid of it (DD).  I must be doing something wrong.  :(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"