Baby Names

Conor vs Connor?

We are using the name Conor/Connor Edward for our LO.

I prefer Conor with one N, but I have noticed that right off the bat, everyone spells it Connor unless I have told them otherwise. Now I'm torn bc I dont want LO to be plagued with having to correct people on the spelling of his name for the rest of his life.

I know I have time to decide, but I figured I'd ask you ladies. Thoughts?

He's my fairytale, a dream when I'm not sleeping.

<a href="http://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk121/behapybride/?action=view

Re: Conor vs Connor?

• imagebehapy2day:
    everyone spells it Connor unless I have told them otherwise. Now I'm torn bc I dont want LO to be plagued with having to correct people on the spelling of his name for the rest of his life.

I didn't know that there was any other way to spell it.  I would personally spell it with two Ns, but if you want to spell it with one, it's your choice.  

• Personally, I would spell it "right" unless there is a family connection/reason why you are spelling it that way.  But to each their own, so if you can live with having to correct people go for it. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Conor is actually the traditional Irish/English way of spelling it which is why I prefer it. The Americanized, newer spelling is Connor. I guess I'm in the minority on this one, lol.

• imagebehapy2day:
    Conor is actually the traditional Irish/English way of spelling it which is why I prefer it. The Americanized, newer spelling is Connor. I guess I'm in the minority on this one, lol.

I didn't know that!  My DH has a popular late 70s name like that and he always has to correct people. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageCabbageCabbage:

Use two Ns. It's the standard spelling. Give your kid a break from correcting people his whole life.

this. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageCabbageCabbage:

Use two Ns. It's the standard spelling. Give your kid a break from correcting people his whole life.

this. 

• imagebehapy2day:
    Conor is actually the traditional Irish/English way of spelling it which is why I prefer it. The Americanized, newer spelling is Connor. I guess I'm in the minority on this one, lol.

Go with the one n.  We named our son Connor (with the two) but that's because we liked the way it looked better with Ryan.  The longer version looked better next to the shorter name of Ryan to us.

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                         BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
          BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

• I like Connor, but if you like Conor, go for it. Telling someone the correct spelling of your name is not such a huge deal imo. I have to do it all the time and it doesn't bother me. My mother gave my name it's spelling and I love it just for that reason.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTGP March Siggy Challenge
  • imagebornmommy:

imagebehapy2day:

Go with the one n.  We named our son Connor (with the two) but that's because we liked the way it looked better with Ryan.  The longer version looked better next to the shorter name of Ryan to us.

Do you have issues with spelling since there are also the Konnor/Konner/Conner variations? I am thinking if there are going to be issues with spelling regardless, I might as well go with the way I like, lol.

• imageLue94:

I like Connor, but if you like Conor, go for it. Telling someone the correct spelling of your name is not such a huge deal imo. I have to do it all the time and it doesn't bother me. My mother gave my name it's spelling and I love it just for that reason.

I agree with this! I grew up having to spell my last name and now I have to spell my married name too. It's just kind of automatic say last time followed by spelling. It's not that big of a deal.

• I would assume 2 Ns if I heard the name.
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • I don't really agree with the people saying that correcting is no big deal. I mean, yes, usually you can have no issue, but both my first and maiden name are commonly misspelled and even with me correcting people CONSTANTLY, I still have issues with my medical files getting all messed up. 
    Anniversary

• imageGWUAlum:
    imageLue94:

I like Connor, but if you like Conor, go for it. Telling someone the correct spelling of your name is not such a huge deal imo. I have to do it all the time and it doesn't bother me. My mother gave my name it's spelling and I love it just for that reason.

I agree with this! I grew up having to spell my last name and now I have to spell my married name too. It's just kind of automatic say last time followed by spelling. It's not that big of a deal.

True. But first names are used a lot more than last names (and, as we know, even more so than middle names). 

I spent my life having to correct people or spell out my last name for them. I still have to do that with my married name as well. BUT...if I also had to do that with my first name, I think it would get super annoying. 

I would go with Connor.

Happily married to my Snorkelbutt - 07/31/10

BFP #1 09/02/11  M/C 09/12/11 8w6days
    BFP #2 07/18/12 Baby S born on his EDD 03/23/13

SS - age 12...SD - age 8...DS - 13 mos.
  • Connor

Mr. & Mrs. - Est. 10.03.2009

TTC #1 since 06.2011 Me-24 DH-24

12.2011 SA = Normal

06.2012 First visit with OB/GYN

10.2012 Clomid 50mg + TI = BFN

11.2012 Clomid 50mg + TI = BFN

12.2012 Clomid 100mg + TI = BFN

01.2013 First visit with RE

02.2013 Clomid 150mg + TI = BFN

03.2013 Femara 5mg + TI = BFN

05.2013 Femara 5mg + TI = BFN

06.2013 Femara 7.5mg + TI = BFN

*Taking a break*  

• Unless you spell it Conner, he definitely WILL be 'plagued with having to correct people on the spelling... for the rest of his life'. Stick with 2 n's.
  • I have a friend in his 30's with the Conor spelling.  It's never bothered him.  My name can be spelled 11 different ways.  Whenever I tell someone my name, I have to spell it.  It's not a big deal... it only happens once every few weeks, usually at the doctor or something.  Spell it how you like, since both are correct.

FWIW, I prefer one 'n' as well.

PhotobucketLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • My son's name is Connor and I chose two N's because that's how I have always seen it.  There are several variations of the way to spell it.  The traditional Irish way is with either one or two, so it's really a personal preference, just be prepared to have to spell it to everyone, as most people assume 2 N's.
  • 2 n's

BFP#1 10 wk missed mc      

BFP#2 DS born at 40+2 on 8/14/12  BFP#3 DD Born at 39+3 on 5/13/14

• I would use two Ns.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"