June 2011 Moms
Options

Christmas Poll

What was your favorite thing about Christmas this year?  

Did you start any new traditions (or continue ones your family has always had)?   

What was LO's favorite gift?  

Did you or LO get anything crazy/interesting/unique from a relative?  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Christmas Poll

• Options

What was your favorite thing about Christmas this year?  Staying home.  I expected to hate it but loved it.  DH and I planned some special meals and we had a lot of down time to relax together as a little family. 

Did you start any new traditions (or continue ones your family has always had)? Not really, but I am trying to figure out what to make traditional in our stockings.  I continued my family tradition of a toothbrush for DD and made her a little popsicle stick nativity set so I think I will try to make a little something each year (or include a craft for her to make when she is older).  Read The Animals' Christmas Eve before bed and the Christmas story from the Bible in the morning.  Cinnamon rolls for breakfast on Christmas Eve and Swedish pancakes Christmas day.         

What was LO's favorite gift? A slinky from her stocking.  We only got her a few stocking gifts.  We weren't planning on giving her anything else (she has so much already and we got her a table from Ikea recently) but since we stayed home I went ahead and wrapped a Melissa and Doug magnetic dress up doll I had in the closet for the future.  

Did you or LO get anything crazy/interesting/unique from a relative? We see both sides of the family in the next week so won't know until then.  DH didn't get me any stocking stuffers (I threw together a few things for him once I realized we would be home) so he threw some almonds he got at Costco in mine.      

• Options

Waterfall: I am so glad you had a great holiday! 

What was your favorite thing about Christmas this year?  My favorite thing was watching Caleb.  He loved the slide that Santa left for him, and wanted to keep going down it.!  He played with his new toys all day!  We also told our parents we are pregnant, so it was great to see thier reactions!

Did you start any new traditions (or continue ones your family has always had)?   We went to church on Christmas Eve.  For breakfast on Christmas morning, I made scones and sausage cheese balls.  I also made matching pajamas for DH, LO, and I, so I hope to continue that in the future!

What was LO's favorite gift?  Definitly his slide!

Did you or LO get anything crazy/interesting/unique from a relative?  He got these annoying toy cars the play music, the lights flash, and they move around.  Uhhhh!

Here is pic of our little family!

Pinterest
    My Blog- Life With a Toddler
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#2 12/2/12 EDD 8/26/13; No heartbeat at 6w6d on 1/4/13; D&C 1/5/13
    My Ovulation Chart
    PgAL/PAL Always Welcome
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageaztoid2006:

Did you start any new traditions (or continue ones your family has always had)?   We went to church on Christmas Eve.  For breakfast on Christmas morning, I made scones and sausage cheese balls.  I also made matching pajamas for DH, LO, and I, so I hope to continue that in the future!

How fun!  I am impressed you made the pjs!   

• Options

Favorite thing:  Vito getting to see our extended family.  It was fun watching him interact with his cousins and my aunts and uncles.

New traditions:  nothing really.  We did let V eat cookies for breakfast...maybe we will make that a tradition.

LO's favorite gift:  a cash register.  He loves the little scanner and the veggies that came with it.

Crazy gift:  nothing too crazy.  Like someone else said V got a few loud toys with sirens and horns.  I keep setting them off accidently! 
  • Options

What was your favorite thing about Christmas this year?  My daughter was so excited about our Christmas tree and all of the lights this year. It was a lot of fun watching her excitement. :)

Did you start any new traditions (or continue ones your family has always had)?   Christmas day was a little rough for us because DH was on call and had to go into work twice and then we had to bring DD to urgent care last night because she developed croup (a viral infection like the common cold, but with a really scary sounding cough!!). I hope to NOT continue on those 2 traditions in the future (having to work and/or being sick!!!)

What was LO's favorite gift?  She got a slide/climber toy and absolutely loves that and also her new play kitchen. MIL got her a Paddington Bear story book that she loves as well.

Did you or LO get anything crazy/interesting/unique from a relative?  MIL was at Disney World the day that DD was born and right after we called her to tell her DD was born, she went to the nearest shop and picked up a Paddington Bear and story book and she held on to it until this Christmas to give to her. She put a nice little message inside explaining the reasoning behind why she chose this for DD. It's a really sweet, sentimental gift so that's why I love it. 

BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
    Married: Feb 2008
    DD: June 2011
    TTC# 2: April 2014
    BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)
  • Options

that DD was able to enjoy her presents more.

no new traditions

her FP Happy Sounds Home from my parents.

nope.

• Options

Fave thing :  just nice to be with family. C was opening everyone's gifts for them :)

traditions:  not anything new, really. Church then homemade pizza Christmas Eve. Xmas eve Jammies and read the night before Christmas. Stockings and cinnamon rolls Christmas morning. 

Fave gift: most of his gifts were sent back with DH since I'm flying home Sunday. Probably a big box though. He keeps climbing in and singing "row row your boat"

Nothing crazy here 

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

• Options

What was your favorite thing about Christmas this year?  I loved watching DS play with all of his new toys.

Did you start any new traditions (or continue ones your family has always had)? The only new thing was putting together toys from santa after DS went to bed.  Oddly enough it was fun sneaking downstairs to put together the toys knowing that DS would be so happy to see them in the morning.   

What was LO's favorite gift?  A Cozy Coupe car and Vtech alphabet train

Did you or LO get anything crazy/interesting/unique from a relative? DH's mother gave DS a tricycle and he is way to small for it so he has been getting frustrated that he can't get on and off the bike by himself.

• Options
    imagewaterfall11:
    imageaztoid2006:

How fun!  I am impressed you made the pjs!   

Me too!  Cute!

• Options

Staying in town, relaxing at home, hosting a get-together at our house!  We've been doing an every-other-year schedule, taking turns spending x-mas with DH's family out of town or mine in town.  Now I want to convince DH we should stay in town next year too.  :)  

We made a big breakfast Christmas morning and planned a nice dinner for that evening just for our family of 4.  This was the first time we've done that and I hope it can continue.   

Definitely her new play kitchen, which is great because DH and I put a lot of work into making it!

If you're interested, here are some pics I posted on the craft board:
    https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/70825577.aspx

It turned out great and was well worth it.  

Nothing crazy, but she did get lots of toys this year between the grandparents and us.  We had to put most of her old toys away and some of the new ones!  It was pretty overwhelming.  Well, at least now we can rotate them and pull out the new ones in a couple months and they'll be exciting to her.

• Options
    imageShandaB:

What was LO's favorite gift?  A Cozy Coupe car and Vtech alphabet train

Did you or LO get anything crazy/interesting/unique from a relative? DH's mother gave DS a tricycle and he is way to small for it so he has been getting frustrated that he can't get on and off the bike by himself.

DD got the alphabet train last Christmas and loves it now more than ever!  Cozy coupe is also a favorite of hers.  ILs are giving her a Schwinn roadster trike so we are probably in for some frustration too once they give it to her.  We may hide it in the garage for a while. 

• Options
    imagemamarazzi528:

Definitely her new play kitchen, which is great because DH and I put a lot of work into making it!

Love the kitchen!  DH is almost done building DD's...it was a birthday gift.  My husband is incredibly talented but has very little time.  I really put the pressure on this week since we may be starting a new business venture in January. 

• Options
    imagetas1883:

We got tons of play food.  A lot got put up to be used when she is a little older as I kept the heavy duty stuff down and the flimsy stuff with small pieces up.  She got a Barnes and Noble gift card from my ILs and we found that really strange and don't know what or when we will use it as she has more books than she knows what to do with and prefers to pretend read my books.

I am starting to hate play food- it is taking over my house.  I put a bunch away and will rotate.  You could get some classic books to read to her at bedtime when she is a little older- Charlotte's Web, Little Princess, Secret Garden, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Little House on the Prairie, Where the Sidewalk Ends, or any you loved as a kid.   

• Options

Staying home with our little family for one complete day. It was awesome! 

Since I live in Germany, we've taken over a lot of the more German traditions but we stick with Santa coming overnight and open gifts in the a.m. (rather than christmas eve).   

No idea - because he tries to play with them all at the same time. I will say that next year, he is getting one gift from his parents and one from santa because he got SO MUCH from my husband's family. 

My brother and sister in law gave me two jars of peanut butter and pop tarts. It was awesome! I can't buy them here and they had to work their contacts to get some. 

• Options
    imagewaterfall11:
    imagemamarazzi528:

Love the kitchen!  DH is almost done building DD's...it was a birthday gift.  My husband is incredibly talented but has very little time.  I really put the pressure on this week since we may be starting a new business venture in January. 

Thanks!  I hope yours gets finished soon!  It's so fun to watch LO play with it.  They really do want to copy everything we do at this age!

• Options

What was your favorite thing about Christmas this year?  DS saying " wow " to all the gifts under the tree and then playing with all his new toys. 

No new traditions, but my parents moved out here from NY, so it was nice to share xmas with family.  

What was LO's favorite gift? Vtech go go smart cars garage. 

Did you or LO get anything crazy/interesting/unique from a relative? His godmother got him a motorized lightning mcqueen car.  

• Options
    Just got a gift to add to the crazy.  It's a great gift ($50 Gymboree gift card for DD) but it is from my sister in law's parents (DH's brother's MIL and FIL).  We have only seen them 3 times (all in 2011 when BIL and SIL got married) but they love DD.  I feel bad I didn't get them anything, but it didn't even cross my mind that they would get DD a gift, let alone spend that much on her.  

• Options

What was your favorite thing about Christmas this year?  Seeing how excited DS got every time we entered the living room and had to turn on the lights on the tree and his train.  Also I am looking forward to next year knowing that we do not have to travel to see family.  It will be the first time since we got married that we will not travel over 3 1/2 - 4 hours and do 4 Christmas' in less than 2 or 3 days.  

Did you start any new traditions (or continue ones your family has always had)?  Growing up we never had any gifts in stockings, but DH's family did so that was new for me.  Also reading the Christmas story on Christmas Day before opening gifts. 

What was LO's favorite gift?  BBQ Grill and basketball hoop.

Did you or LO get anything crazy/interesting/unique from a relative?  A little blue cow that sings "Old MacDonald Had a Farm" from Monkeez & Friends and it dances.  He also likes that.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"