Health & Exercise

Afraid to exercise :(

Hello!  Before I got prego I was running a couple of miles then doing circuit training for about 45 min. for 3-5 times per week.  I had two back-to-back mc's so the third time that I conceived I decided to cut out the routine for a while.  I am now almost 20 weeks and wanting to workout but I am afraid and do not know where to start.  I have been using my resistance bands and thats about it.  I have thought about using my stationary bike too but I miss the gym!!!  Any suggestions?
*Live for the Light*

Re: Afraid to exercise :(

• If you think that exercise was a contributing factor to your previous MCs, then I would do nothing more than walk.  Have you discussed this issue with your doctor? That's what I would do.

I'm still going strong with bootcamps and HIIT training and I've had no problems. Additionally, most of my friends worked out until their due dates, only scaling back a bit towards the end. 

At the end of the day every pregnancy is different and your well being and the baby's well being are what matter the most.  Good luck!

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I am sorry for your losses, I had 1 m/c before LO and though I loved running/working out and wanted to keep it up for a healthy pregnacy.  I was too scared.  I did join a gym and did some walking and some slight running later in the pregnacy (though I did some "jogging" only a few times for a few mins at a time).

If your really worried (to be honest exercise doesn't  cause a m/c I believe, but like you I was worried) talk to your DR.  and if anything I am sure walking is perfectly fine.  IF anything get out for a few walks a week and that should help make you feel a bit bettter.  

Hope it goes well!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"