December 2011 Moms
Options

The Holiday Vent Thread

Tonight my mom told me that she has stopped taking all of her heart medications except for aspirin. Good idea 7 months after a heart attack.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: The Holiday Vent Thread

• Options
    I'll play! DH and I asked both of our families NOT to give us any "stuff" for Christmas. We live in a 1500 square foot home, and don't have space for anything else. We don't need anything! We got more crap than usual, and nobody listened. Lovely. Talk about first world problems, but I am a little mad.

February 2011- M/C
    March 2011- BFP resulting in... 12/2011 bouncing baby boy! 
    October 2013- BFP- M/C
  • Options
    Mainly dealing with a different set of family traditions since we were at the in-laws for Eve and Day.  We have been married for 8 years, and I think it is now that we have children, I am focusing on traditions more than we have in past holidays.  We should have had some communication about what we wanted for our family traditions for our girls so we didn't have to have the discussion on Christmas Eve in a back bedroom at my in-laws!  And due to miscommunication between his parents and siblings, we ended up not getting home until 12:30am Christmas Eve and had to put the cookies under the tree ourselves as our little ones were cashed.  Lesson learned and will change things for next year!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My gram didn't come to Christmas
  • Options

Well... I ended up getting a reaction to the DTaP...  A - FREAK'n -GAIN!!!  I tried to tell the nurse that the last two times when needing a booster they did not give me that version (just did Tetanus or DT) because of having had severe reactions in the past (i.e. breathing problems that when I was little landed me in the hospital near dead...  followed by a NASTY case of "Walking Pneumonia" the two booster times after...)..  Well, the beotch of a nurse wouldn't listen with a discounting "most people who have allergy histories don't have problems with the new vaccines" and before I really could even say "I want to talk to the Doc about this first!" the injection was in, and almost immediately I wasn't feeling right...  Fast forward a week, I sound like a 3-pack a day smoker just taking a full breath in, let alone the cough I've got...  I thought I could tough it out but tomorrow I'm going in to urgent care...  Angry

Other than that, the family gtg's were pretty simple and not really vent-worthy...  With DH's family the only vent is we aren't "dog people" and SIL & BIL brought their carpet dog who insisted on licking the H out of us..  <bleck!> As for my family, it'd been nice to have actually gotten down there in time for the party but DH was stuck at work so long such that we couldn't get down there in time for it...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Last weekend I was sick with a nasty stomach bug, and for whatever reason it waited around alllll week and attacked the rest of my family (including extended family) on Christmas Day. No fun.... but, it's also part of the reason I don't have any juicy vents - MIL got it and it reduced the time we spent with her!

BFP #1: EDD 8/29/11, MMC 1/14/11. BFP #2: Damien Isaac born 12/16/11. BFP #3: Rowen Cole born 7/28/14. BFP #4: EDD 9/16/16.

Anniversary

baby blog

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    imagemtb21:
    imageCountingUp:
    Tonight my mom told me that she has stopped taking all of her heart medications except for aspirin. Good idea 7 months after a heart attack.

What was her reasoning for this? I would be livid!

side effects. Pretty common reason for noncompliance but she didn't even go see a Dr for follow up.
  • Options
    As expected mil brought two garbage bags of gifts for dd most of which aren't age appropriate. Even after being asked not to she bought her a picnic table that we don't have room for, because it helped our nephew eat better ... seriously we aren't having problems in that arena.

I'm just grouchy because we just have no space and the mess is on my last nerve.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"