School-Aged Children

RP: Gift idead for 6 - 10 year old girls

I need some suggestions for gifts for a 6 year old, just turned 9 & a 10 year old girls.  I don't know these girls very well so not too sure what they're into.  I'm looking for toys & have a total of $100 to spend. These kids really don't have very much at all.  Back story, my aunt & uncle had guardianship of the 9 year old & has since she was 5 months old.  My aunt passed away suddenly mid-November so the 9 year old now lives with my uncle & her "mom" and older sister & younger sister have moved in.  My aunt & uncle have always struggled for money & the "mother" of the kids is just all kinds of white trash messed up/doesn't work/on welfare and so on, so I'm sure what ever I get them they won't already have. But I would like it to be nice & something for each girl but that they can also share & play with together.I usually send a gift card to Toys R Us just for the 9 year old since the other's haven't been in the picture but really don't think my uncle is up to shopping for toys not too long after he lost his wife since they always went together & I don't feel right sending gifts for only the 9 year old.Sorry to ramble but please help!!!! 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: RP: Gift idead for 6 - 10 year old girls

• Not sure this will help you this late, but my DD always enjoyed craft kits.  Kits for making friendship bracelets, etc.

This is a tough age for girls.  Some girls at 10 could be more into clothes and pop culture stuff like a teen; others could still like playing with dolls -- some kids may like both. 

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Thank you for the suggestion.  I really appreciate it!  Crafts sound like a great idea.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Don't know if this is too late and I can't help with the older girls but I know 6 yr old girls love Polly pockets, hello kitty and Barbie. Craft kits are a great idea and there is so much out there! I'm sure once you get into a store you'll find something!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"