Preemies

Zoloft, Breast Milk, and our Preemies

Has anyone taken Zoloft and breast fed their baby? Baby have any reaction? I was told to take meds and skip BF by the psych team prior to discharge because I have a major depression and anxiety history but refused because I want to BF. Now I started taking Zoloft (used to take Celexa). I'm scared the milk may giv the baby a bad reaction
Trenton Elijah born three weeks early due to pre-e on April 14, 2011. Weighing 6lbs 6.3oz, 18 inches long.

Cameron Jacob (CJ) came early @ 25w4d on November 16, 2012 due to placenta abruption and incompetent cervix . Weighing 1lb 15.5oz, 14 inches long. 

Expecting a winter baby. Stay put LO!

Re: Zoloft, Breast Milk, and our Preemies

• I am taking zoloft and breastfeeding right nw. DS2 is just 5 days old but i haven't noticed any effect. My psych team is totally behind it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Not sure about Zoloft but I was on Lexapro & was told by my OB that it was safe to breastfeed while on it.  DD was 5 months old at the time & I didn't notice a difference.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageUsm123:
    I was given Zoloft while I was pumping. I was told this is the number one choice for breast feeding mothers.

This exactly!

• I took Zoloft the entire time I pumped/breastfed. The neonatologist said the only thing she advised against were street drugs and certain cancer medications. Everything else was OK. She even said that drinking a beer or two would help my milk to come in.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"