Parenting after a Loss
Options

Non stop cold for months?

Is it just "that time of year"?  DD has had a snuffly nose and cough pretty much non stop since October.  She had a brief respite last week and was 100% better, and now she has another cold with the exact same stuffy nose and wet cough.

Is this normal?  She goes to an in home daycare.

I guess I am just feeling sorry for her and myself and want to make sure that other people's children are constantly sick at this time of year and that we don't need to look for a deeper issue (i.e. allergies). 

Re: Non stop cold for months?

• Options
    When I worked in a daycare there would be at least one little guy that would have a cold for months. In talking with the parents, their Dr wasn't concerned at all and even said it's considered normal to have a cold for the first year.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #1 since 3/11

BFP #1 5/4/11 EDD 1/12/12 natural m/c 5/17/11

BFP #2 8/9/11 EDD 4/18/12 ectopic pregnancy (methotrexate) 8/24/11 ruptured tube and removal 8/29/11

BFP #3 3/9/12 EDD 11/19/12 Logan born 11/18/12

BFP #4 10/21/14 EDD 6/30/15

~*~*Everyone Welcome*~*~
  • Options
    S has had a cold for the past 3 weeks that just won't go away. Not really concerned about it, she hasn't had a fever, and I know there's nothing the doctor can really do for a runny nose and cough. She goes to day care as well so I'm guessing that doesn't help, but it is what it is. MIL has been freaking out about it lately saying that she shouldn't have a cold for this long, but I say it's just this time of year when we're all stuck inside and there's ton of germs floating around.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD is also in an inhome daycare 3 days per week, and she's been going there for almost a year. She's had a cold for most of that time, but fortunately...knocking on wood... it's never been anything more serious.

ETA: she did have roseola once and a weird bug that gave her a fever and mouth sore, was not Hand Foot and Mouth. But those both had very different symptoms than a cold.

BFP: 7/5/10   EDD: 3/13/11  Miscarriage 8/1/10 at 8 weeks

BFP: 10/30/10   EDD: 7/7/11   Born 7/11//11 7lb12oz, 20 in.

BFP: 7/30/13  EDD: 4/9/14 Born right on time on his due date! 8lb10oz, 21.5 in.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• Options

imageTeresa1896:
    DD is also in an inhome daycare 3 days per week, and she's been going there for almost a year. She's had a cold for most of that time, but fortunately...knocking on wood... it's never been anything more serious. ETA: she did have roseola once and a weird bug that gave her a fever and mouth sore, was not Hand Foot and Mouth. But those both had very different symptoms than a cold.

Okay, this is exactly how DD is.  It never, knock on wood, turns into anything more serious, but is pretty constant...poor thing. 

• Options
    DD went to a day care from 8 weeks on. She had a constant stuffy/runny nose from that time until about 18 months. I was concerned, talked it over with her Dr and since I have seasonal allergies, her bio dad is allergic to everything that is green and grows and my dad has bad allergies (mainly anything with fur), we had her on daily allergy meds until she was 4. That year, after the first hard freeze, we took her off it. She still gets occassional allergies now, but it was bad the first year and half.
    I have short term memory loss. Do not take it personally if I do not remember you right away.
    No longer trying to conceive at all.
    BFP #1 12/1/02 DD born 7/25/03 
    BFP #2 7/23/10 EDD 3/30/11 m/c 8/17/10 We will always miss you Angelique Marie! 
     BFP #3 4.13.11 EDD 12.18.11 m/c 5/13/11 d&c 5/18/11 We will always miss you Sprout Ryker! 
     Lucky Lee (furbaby) born 1.29.12 
     Midnight Marie (furbaby) born 7.4.12 passed for unknown reasons 9.19.12 Missing my jumping bean. 
    image image
    image image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    ♥♥ Pg/PAL Welcome! ♥♥ 
    http://indulgy.com/post/4gbObIOiC1/bazinga
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"