Adoption
Options

Eye swollen shut, 5 days before finalization...

LO took a big fall last night and her eye was completely swollen shut this morning. I didn't take her to the ER last night since she never went unconscious and she was acting completely normal after the shock wore off. After seeing it swollen shut, we decided to take her to the ER to make sure there wasn't anything else wrong. Everything checked out fine. It just looks a lot worse than it is. 

The crazy part is that we are going to court on Wednesday to finalize. She is going to have the biggest black eye ever! I hope the judge doesn't look at her and question whether we are good parents or not! :/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
She's Forever Ours! Finaliaztion-12.26.12Image and video hosting by TinyPic http://hehasaplanforus.blogspot.com/

Re: Eye swollen shut, 5 days before finalization...

• Options

She's Forever Ours! Finaliaztion-12.26.12Image and video hosting by TinyPic http://hehasaplanforus.blogspot.com/
  • Options

Oh no!  How frustrating!  Glad to hear she is okay though.  Have you heard of Bruise Cream with Arnica?  It's what my mil swears by for helping bruises to heal and go away quickly.  Our LO had a bruise on his cheek and we found some at Walgreens that I put on.  I feel like it helped, but it's hard to say for sure.

Congrats on your finalization though!

Foster parents turned adoptive parents :)
    Adoptive daughter born 08/07/13... growing so fast
    BM due again end of March 2015 so any day!
    Bloggy blog
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sure the judge will realize that kids are kids and accidents happen. Plus you have the ER visit recorded to confirm it was an accident. Best wishes with Finalization!!!!!!
    TTC since June 2010
    5 Angels

Lilypie - (hlC0)
  • Options
    Oh no! Congrats on the finalization, and hope the swelling and bruising goes down.  Little ones get hurt, I don't think the judge will be worried about it.
    Adoption Blog Updated 2/15
  • Options

That sounds like parenthood! E has had a bruise on his face for every major milestone since he's been mobile. He tripped on his way out of his high chair two days ago and bit almost through his lip. Though it hasn't seemed to bother him, his lip is huge and red and looks so painful, just in time for a million Christmas pictures.

I'd say "life with a boy" but I think it's just kids... 

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
    Application approved Dec '11
    Mar '12: Homestudy interrupted by change in Uganda requirements - where do we go from here?
    After searching and searching, back with Uganda but with our homestudy agency's program.
    Homestudy complete July 19
    USCIS I-600A submitted July 20. Biometrics appointments arrived Aug 17; fingerprinted Aug 21; 171H received Sept 25th. On the wait list Oct 1st: #18. By Jan 25th, we're #13!
    Come home, baby A!
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

At that age it is more shocking if they DON'T have marks on them. LOL

Hopefully it will go down soon. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm sure if your judge has ever been around kids he/she will understand, even if he/she asks about it just to make sure. My son trips over the lines in the sidewalk and I'm not even exaggerating. Part of being a toddler!

TTC September 2010 thru October 2011
    SA February 2011: Normal
    RE App. October 2011 - Recc. Clomid and IUI

Taking a break from TTC to pursue adoption

Met our 2 year old son in Russia July 2012!
    Court trip October 2012
    Home November 24 2012!

Back to RE Summer 2013. TTC journey continues: 

Dx DOR, endometriosis, low sperm count 
    Clomid + IUI#1, #2 = BFN / IUI #3 = ???

Laparoscopy scheduled December 2013

Adding a Burden
  • Options
    imagecadgirl:

Oh no!  How frustrating!  Glad to hear she is okay though.  Have you heard of Bruise Cream with Arnica?  It's what my mil swears by for helping bruises to heal and go away quickly.  Our LO had a bruise on his cheek and we found some at Walgreens that I put on.  I feel like it helped, but it's hard to say for sure.

Congrats on your finalization though!

I will go look for that stuff! Thanks for the recommendation!! I'm willing to try anything.

• Options
    imagesrmmm09:

That sounds like parenthood! E has had a bruise on his face for every major milestone since he's been mobile. He tripped on his way out of his high chair two days ago and bit almost through his lip. Though it hasn't seemed to bother him, his lip is huge and red and looks so painful, just in time for a million Christmas pictures.

I'd say "life with a boy" but I think it's just kids... 

Oh no! Poor guy!! :( I now realize that her first Christmas and finalization photos will have a more interesting story behind them now! Haha! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"