Adoption

I was actually at peace

My cousin/best friend gave birth to a beautiful little boy last night. Being that we were pregnant and due with our son in March I was a nervous about visiting the hospital because.. well our loss was in September at 17 weeks but some days it still feels so fresh. I was afraid holding her son would make my heart break again.

Surprisingly it was okay and I actually felt at peace. I think it is largely in part to the positive route our adoption path is currently on. As I held him and looked down at his little sleepy face I knew for the first time in a long time that someday I will be holding a son or daughter of our own and I will get this experience even if it's in the 'non-traditional' way as my MIL has come to refer to it.  ::eye roll::

TTC since June 2010
5 Angels

Lilypie - (hlC0)

Re: I was actually at peace

• Totally understand reaching that point where you become okay again with being around other people's babies! It's such a relief in a way to lose all the negative feelings and know that you are on the right path for you now! And I am rolling my eyes at you MIL also! Lol

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC since June 2009
    01/10- Femara
    03/10- Femara
    07/2010- Clomid with injectables and IUI #1
    08/2010- IUI #2
    06/2011- IVF #1 BFP!
    09/2011- Miscarriage at 10 1/2 weeks
    11/2011- FET
    01/2012- Start Home Study process
    03/2012- Home Study approved and now waiting on our child to find us!
    07/2012- matched with a BM who is due in October!
    11/10/12- our son is born!
    11/13/12- court grants us custody!
     12/28/12- finalization! Always ours in our hearts, but.now also ours forever

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

http://keepingupwiththejoneses-dana.blogspot.com/

• (( Hugs )) I'm glad it went well for you, that is not an easy thing to handle.  Peace is an amazing feeling.  Also majorly eye-rolling and shaking my head at your MIL.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• Loading the player...
  • Glad you are in that place.  Best of luck in the waiting.
    Adoption Blog Updated 2/15
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"