December 2011 Moms
Options

What are your holiday plans?

22 husband's sister stopping by on their way out of town. They "can't stay long"

24 th my mom will come over for a few hours in the afternoon. Evening of just the 3 of us unless someone needs a place to hang out.

25th Just us until 4:30pm. dinner with my uncle, aunt, grandma if she can be dragged over

26 start mother daughter boxing day shopping tradition.

30th first birthday and party. Family only.

No NYE plans.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What are your holiday plans?

• Options
    Today we had "Christmas morning" just us at home. Laid out cookies and eggnog for Santa and read the Night before Christmas. Traveling 3 hrs to my family today.

Tomorrow, the 23rd, my dads whole side of the family dinner and party.

Church and my moms side of the family party on the 24th.

Christmas morning and brunch with my parents then drive back home and dinner with the on laws.

Next year we'll probably stay home and tell everyone try can come to us if they want so I'm enjoying the craziness one last time! Just hoping LO feels better, he tested positive for RSV and is still running a fever and coughing even tho he's acting happy. Thankfully, at least in this situation, there aren't any other babies or toddlers in the family so don't have to worry too much about being contagious.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Christmas Eve I will be going out early to get 3 more gifts I need. Then I will be spending at least part of the day with my MIL. She is going to teach me how to make their family's favorite entree.... Sour cow tongue. DH has wanted me to learn forever so this year I offered to pay for it (it's a little pricey) if she'll teach me how to cook it. It takes like a day to do it. She prepares it the day before and finishes the day of. DH is going to hang out with the kids and FIL while we're in the kitchen. Christmas Eve night we're going to make cookies for Santa and let the kids open 1 gift each.

Christmas Day we will go to MIL and FIL's where SIL and BIL and our nephews will join us. Open gifts, have dinner (Cow tongue for most, and ham for the ones that don't eat it), then lay around stuffed until it's time to go home.

No plans for NYE or NYD. Probably just relaxing around the house. We are going on vacation 1/5.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We are leaving for my parents' house, about 2 hours away, this evening.  We will drive back to Houston on Christmas night after our big family dinner.  Then we wake up, pack, take the dog to the kennel, and will leave for DH's mom's house 4 hours away.  This was not in our plans at first, we were planning on just staying home after we got back from my parents house and I was really looking forward to it.  But DH decided he wanted to drive down there, so we are going to be away from home until next Saturday.  I absolutely hate having to drive all over the freaking state. Next year, we are going to stay put.  

Not sure what we will do that next week.  I am out of school until January 7, but DH goes back to work on the 2nd. 

• Options
    We had Christmas dinner at my aunt and uncles tonight. It was semi fun, but the best part of the day was that the monster truck grave digger came to our home town as a suprise for a little boy with cancer and the entire town was invited to come. My toddler is obsessed with monster trucks, esp grave digger, and this was the best Christmas gift ever for him! He spent the entire evening ignoring his new toys and playing with his autographed grave digger truck, so today was a huge success for us!

Christmas eve, we will be going to one set of my grandparents, followed immediately by SILs, than my parents house that evening.

Christmas morning is reserved for us at home. Then we will go to dhs grannys, then MILs tha night.

It'll be a hectic two days, but I'm sure the boys will love it! No plans for NYE, as dh is working.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Had Christmas with the IL's last night...  The white elephant was that people were taking collective time away from work (the business was sold and there's a huge transition taking place)...  Otherwise good time.. 

Then proceeded to stay up and wrap the Santa gifts which were suppose to go in DH's car, but yea...  Sort of difficult to do when he's not here and not an option for mine.. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

22: Jeremiah's 1 st birthday party

23: recovery lol

24: Spending time with just the DH and DS

25: Visiting my family and the inlaws for DS's first remember-able Christmas.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"