LGBT Parenting
Options

Weekend Plans?

So what are we up to this weekend?  As a lot of us have busy holiday plans either with friends, family, or loved ones, please feel free to share those for early next week as well!
M & M
06/12 - BFP!!!!
Beta #1 15dpo - 256
Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
EDD 02/21/13
09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Weekend Plans?

• Options

Tonight - Watching movies and ordering dinner in.  We are going to relax tonight as the rest of the weekend is go go go.  Oh and my vacation starts!

Saturday - Finish organizing our office, grocery shop for our contribution to family events, and wrap all the gifts.  We also need to go through everything and make sure we haven't forgotten anyone as we found out there will be extra people on M's side for Christmas eve.  

Sunday -  We are going to get the house all shiny so I go into my full vacation without it hanging over my head.  I also need to finish sewing for the last few gifts.

Monday/Christmas Eve - M asked her boss yesterday if there was anyway they were going to leave early on Christmas Eve and her boss surprised her and told her she had decided to close!!!!  We told M's family she get's off at noon so we have some time to ourselves that morning but it fixes my Christmas Eve vent as we will head to her parents much earlier!  So this day is for M's family.  Oh and we are doing an Italian Christmas when it comes to food...

Christmas Day - We will be with my parents for the morning/afternoon.  Then we will be heading home to spend some more time together just us.  

Complete side note... M has my gift wrapped and under the tree and I haven't even shopped for her yet!  I am a bad wife!

M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
    EDD 02/21/13
    09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

Fri: Pick up Ky and veg out at home. Maybe get osme cleaning done?

Sat: Tumbling then errands with my mom. We were invited to our sitter's daughter's birthday in the afternoon. Finish up wrapping that night.

Sun: Clean what did not get done Friday. Pick up ham and turkey that were pre-ordered from the honeybaked store. Drop Ky off to A's mom and dad at 3. Come home to bake cookies and sort through old toys and clean out the playroom nobody ever uses.

Mon: WORK. Pick up Ky from A's aunt and come home to bake cupcakes, make potato salad, make coleslaw, and put together a relish tray.

Tues: Open presents with Ky (from mama and Santa) in the AM. Lunch with my family and then rest of presents.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are debating hoping in the car to drive from California to Indiana in case our flight gets cancelled due to snow! That would be my entire weekend in the car... Our flight isn't until Monday. How is the weather in the Midwest?
    M&K met 8/2002 married 6/2012
    TTC with RE since March 2012
    3 missed O's, 6 IUIs = 1 BFP then 8 w M/C, 5 BFNs
    (2 unmedicated IUIs, 2 clomid IUI, 2 femara IUI)
    Shared maternity/partner IVF, transfer #1 BFP!
    EDD 11/28/13
  • Options
    imagemollykelley:
    We are debating hoping in the car to drive from California to Indiana in case our flight gets cancelled due to snow! That would be my entire weekend in the car... Our flight isn't until Monday. How is the weather in the Midwest?

I just checked the weather and I don't think that's happening. I got excited for a moment. I love road trips!

Friday work then chiropractor at noon, to finish up my week of treatments including acupuncture and massage. Friday night I'll make dinner while wife goes to hot yoga since I can't go in 2ww.

Saturday brunch with friends while wife is in hot yoga. She is addicted. Then last minute Christmas stuff and relaxing. I have to finish knitting hats in Colts colors for the whole family as we are going to an NFL game in Indy.

Sunday packing and Christmas movies at the local theater, playing all day! We'll hit at leas one with some friends.

Monday we fly to Indiana!

Wishing you all a merry Christmas! I'll probably take a break from the board while with family and so I don't think too much during 2ww. We fly back on NYE and that is the same day I will POAS.
    M&K met 8/2002 married 6/2012
    TTC with RE since March 2012
    3 missed O's, 6 IUIs = 1 BFP then 8 w M/C, 5 BFNs
    (2 unmedicated IUIs, 2 clomid IUI, 2 femara IUI)
    Shared maternity/partner IVF, transfer #1 BFP!
    EDD 11/28/13
  • Options
    Plans for this weekend are to avoid as much holiday stuff as possible.  This year is extremely difficult for us.  Its a long story, but I will just say my wife's family has turned their back on her and this is the first holiday without her mother, step father and two siblings.  I also lost my job a week after Thanksgiving and we are on the process of filing charges against my previous employer for harassment and slander.  We don't have enough money to buy anyone gifts or one another, so my holiday spirit is in the dumps.  I would rather just sleep though the next week and move past these holidays.  We are hoping and crossing our fingers that 2013 helps to bring me a new job, and us a new baby :-)
    T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• Options

Tonight - L is getting the kids before they got to aftercare since she is at their holiday party.  I expect traffic to be a bear, and can't leave early because we are having our holiday party from 3-5 at work. Boo. No idea about dinner, but I would like to drive around and see some lights.

Sat - I plan on being at Toys R Us at the crack of dawn to get the stuff we need for the family we are sponsoring. Then to Target and Wal-Mart for the same reasons. I hope to be done super fast before it gets crazy. L is going to have the boys so they can shop for me. I want to start wrapping stuff for the family while L bakes. I want to go out to dinner and then go to one of those places where you drive through the light displays. I have a Groupon for it that needs to be used.

Sun - We plan on being at the mall to see Santa when they open (nothing like waiting till the last minute.) Home for L to bake some more. We probably need a grocery run in there somewhere.

Monday - L and the kids are coming to work with me since I am only working half a day. I have a bit of work I need to do, Carter is being seen by one of our docs for blisters/sores on his foot that won't go away, and then we are going to go deliver the gifts. We go to our Mexican place for Christmas Eve and then home to do the whole Santa routine! :)

Tuesday - home all day. I am sure we will be putting together Legos, installing race tracks on our walls, playing with our new Kindles, and lounging. Oh, and I bought 2 bottles of Prosecco and OJ. YUM.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

Friday and Saturday: Between my brother being in the hospital last week and then all our cycle monitoring and insemination excitement and stress this week, I have fallen way behind on the final papers I have to grade. So today and tomorrow will be mainly that. Urgh. It's just so never ending (especially when I don't do it).

Saturday eve: Dinner at our friends R's and L's place and get to see our two year-old friend E (their son).

Sunday: pack up then head to Kitchener to Manada's mom's place for Christmas.

Monday: Christmas eve brunch with Manada's extended family at Manada's mom's

Tuesday: Christmas at Manada's mom's place

Wednesday: drive to Chicago to my parents' place

Thursday: Christmas with my family 

****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    The only plan right now is to get better. This cold is kicking my behind. We need to put J's bed together, too, because he's too big for his crib. I've been dreading moving my baby to a big boy bed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"