Infertility
Options

Tev Tropin?

My RE told me they'd be putting me on Saizen but they changed it to Tev Tropin. Anyone on this one before? Any thoughts about it?  "Fortunately", I guess, I had growth hormone deficiency as a child so I've been on variations of HGH on and off since age 10. I've never been on , or heard of, Tev Tropin or Saizen for that matter so I'm just curious from an IF standpoint!
Me: 33, Endocrine issues & FVL       DH: 32, Nothing 
NTNP 2009-2012         TTC since 2012:
  • Clomid, 2 IUI cycles, and 5 IVF cycles = BFN
  • FET #1   August 2013 = BFP!     EDD 5/11/14
  • Jack dx at 19w1d with Dandy Walker on 12/16/13
  • Severe Pre-e /HELLP set in Jack born sleeping at 20w1d on 12/23/13
  • FET #2 --July 2014  BFP!  ---  EDD  4/5/15

Jack has handpicked his sibling up there :)

My blog about IF and loss ... Kate's IF Blog

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Anniversary

Re: Tev Tropin?

• Options

I was on Sazien for my last IVF cycle.  I really think it helped us have quality embies.

As far as side effects, ect, I don't reall remember anything specific.  By the time we added it in I was 7 days into stims, so already feeling funky from all the other hormones!

TTC since 5/2010
    DX with Diminished Ovarian Reserve - AMH of 1.1 - 7/2011; AMH of .42 8/2012
    BFP 9/1/10-M/C confirmed 9/8/10-Methotrexate 10/6/10
    IUI #1 (w/clomid)-9/5/11-BFN ; IUI #2 (w/clomid)-10/5/11 - BFP - 11/1/12-No sac seen; 11/2/11 and 11/9/11-Methotrexate 
    IVF #1- ER 2/2; ET 2/5;-Two 8 cell embryos transfered = BFFN
    Surprise BFP - 5/7/12
    U/S on 6/8/12 - H/B at 128 BPM; U/S on 6/14/12 @ 9wks-No H/B-D&C on 6/17/12
    IVF 2.0- ER 10/17; ET 10/20-One 12 cell, one 10 cell and one 8 cell embryo transfered
    BFP!   11/16/12 U/S- Two nuggets with perfect heartbeats! EDD 7/10/13

5/31/2013- My miracles arrived at 34w2d!  Welcome to the world Harper and Nolan!Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Blog- http://waitingonaangel.wordpress.com/

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I was on Tev Tropin for two cycles. That was my RE's choice for HGH, mainly because it's less expensive than other options, which are effectively no different.  Tev Tropin is FDA approved for use in children.  That alone didn't bother me given that as a general matter HGH isn't FDA approved for fertility treatments. The nice thing about Tev Tropin is that it doesn't sting! Some have had a rough time with Saizen. Good luck!
    Baby girl Lila born 2013.
    Baby boy Henry born 2015.
    Expecting our capstone baby (boy) early March 2018.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I should add that I'm DOR and a terrible responder. We hoped HGH might help EQ; the is some evidence showing it can help.  I don't know if it did.  I had both my best and worst cycles when we used HGH.  I don't at all regret trying it.  Giving it all you've got can only be good!  
    Baby girl Lila born 2013.
    Baby boy Henry born 2015.
    Expecting our capstone baby (boy) early March 2018.
  • Options

imageAmCheri:
    I was on Tev Tropin for two cycles. That was my RE's choice for HGH, mainly because it's less expensive than other options, which are effectively no different.  Tev Tropin is FDA approved for use in children.  That alone didn't bother me given that as a general matter HGH isn't FDA approved for fertility treatments. The nice thing about Tev Tropin is that it doesn't sting! Some have had a rough time with Saizen. Good luck!

That's interesting...from what I've found online they no longer make the Protropin that I took as a child and seems as though Tev Tropin is essentially the same thing. I've been on HGH not only as a child, but in my early 20s as well. My IGF-1 levels never really got above low normal with the injections and I was sick of traveling with refrigerated medication wherever I went so I stopped taking it. As of late, I'd been asking my RE to think about giving me HGH with my history so I was so happy she finally agreed....it only took 1 cancelled and 2failed IVFs , LOL  Hope it does some good. One step at a time, first I have to get good quality eggs then we'll worry about them implanting :)

Me: 33, Endocrine issues & FVL       DH: 32, Nothing 
    NTNP 2009-2012         TTC since 2012:
    • Clomid, 2 IUI cycles, and 5 IVF cycles = BFN
    • FET #1   August 2013 = BFP!     EDD 5/11/14
    • Jack dx at 19w1d with Dandy Walker on 12/16/13
    • Severe Pre-e /HELLP set in Jack born sleeping at 20w1d on 12/23/13
    • FET #2 --July 2014  BFP!  ---  EDD  4/5/15

Jack has handpicked his sibling up there :)

My blog about IF and loss ... Kate's IF Blog

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"