5 Weeks Pregnant
Options

Feel BIGGER then only 5wks..

Hello everyone! So my question it this... I'm only 5 weeks pregnant and I feel so much bigger then 5 weeks. Haven't been in to see an OB/GYN yet (waiting on insurance) I was told when I found out I was Prego that I was 4wks 3days. I'm just wondering if you stay bloated or is it water weight? I just feel so much bigger then I should be for being only 5wks! LoL

Re: Feel BIGGER then only 5wks..

• Options
    I feel the exact same I saw my doctor on Wednesday and was told I was 5w1d but man I feel huge already I read online it could be from bloating :/ but not sure
  • Options
    Still waiting on insurance to be able to get see doc myself. That's exactly what I figured. I appreciate your reply. So is this your first pregnancy? Just curious..
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I feel all bloated and bigger than 5 weeks too.... bring on the comfy pants and not the fitted ones I normally wear.

BabyFruit Ticker Pregnancy Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I here to out there! I already feel like I need to go and buy maternity clothes! Its mostly bloating though.
  • Options
    Same here. Just found out on Christmas eve then couldn't stop peeing on sticks until I got into the doc yesterday to confirm lol. But yeah I feel like I need maternity pants already I feel huge!
  • Options
    I feel the same way but it is more than likely just bloat. Somedays I feel bigger than others too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm the same way. Today I squeezed my ass into my tight jeans just to make sure I still can. Yes they were tight but I got them on. Makes me think I haven't actually gained any (ok much) weight yet and that I'm just bloated/water weight.
  • Options
    Right? I'm 5w 3d, at 4 weeks I felt like a giant whale. But the bloating seems to have gone down A LITTLE since then. I see pictures of tiny people on Pinterest that are barely showing at 12 weeks. Makes me feel like a fat lard. Haha 
  • Options
    I've felt huge since before I even took a test, but it's gotta be just bloating. Some mornings I wake up feeling HUGE and some mornings I wake up thinking... no way in hell am I pregnant! Though... now I'm feeling fuller more often than not, rather than bloated. It still hasn't really hit me yet... I don't feel much different, so trying to just take it all in until my first appt on 3/26!!
  • Options
    I feel exactly the same! Even my boyfriend and friend tell me that I look bigger than 5wks but I guess that's just normal. ;
  • Options
    Well, I am glad to see there are so many people feeling bigger then they thought at 5 weeks.  I am five weeks and 4 days according to the app on my phone, have a doc appointment next week.  My regular jeans are a little snug.  I have talked to some friends and they said it is normal to feel so bloated.  I dont know about anyone else but I am really tired too.  I can sleep a lot.  Love being able to read about others and discuss this..it is great!
  • Options
    I'm 5 weeks along with my second and I'm definitely showing already . My first is a boy and I literally didn't show until probably the last couple months. But I've read that we show early because our abdominals aren't tight like they used to be before first pregnancies
  • Options
    Amen Sister! I feel really big in the belly (and pants are not fitting well), but when I get on the scale I have been really surprised at how low the number is. Today I could've sworn it was going to say 135, but it was only at 130 on the dot, which is my normal weight. This was extra surprising because it was my birthday yesterday and I ate a HUGE birthday steak and lobster dinner. :) I would recommend getting on the scale, maybe it would make you feel better too! I am 6 weeks tomorrow, woohoo! I lost weight all last week too (still felt huge in the belly though). I hate to say this is probably from not drinking alcohol. I'm actually enjoying my mocktails now, lol!  :) 
  • Options
    This is my second and the bloating is totally normal.  You will not get any smaller until at least a few weeks after the baby is born!

Happy and healthy 9 months to everyone!
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I'm glad other ladies are feeling the same way! I've normally got a super flat, almost concave tummy. At 5 - 6 weeks, I definitely have filled in and have a tiny bit of tummy poking out, just to the point where it is very uncomfortable to zip up my jeans. Lots of mild cramping too...so sweatpants here I come! haha! I'm actually very excited for the day when I'm noticeably showing :) This is my first pregnancy. Good luck to everyone!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"