Dads & Dads-to-be
Options

5 Thing Thursday

This week, no pre-formed questions... just 5 things going on that you want to share.

Re: 5 Thing Thursday

• Options

1) My son just got his 2 year check up completed and he is currently 35 3/4 inches tall (89th %) and 29 lbs 12 oz (72nd %).  Everything looks good.

2) My son turned 2 on this past Tuesday.  We had his party last Sunday.  He got a ton of toys, and almost every article of clothing he received was Batman related (Batman was the first super hero he could identify by name, and when he said it, it was in a Christian Bale growl... which is odd since he's never seen those movies).  He did get an Andrew Luck jersey, so that was cool.

3) Very much looking forward to Christmas, but NOT looking forward to this weekend.  I have a feeling I will be putting in some serious overtime this weekend.

4) My son's birthday also marked 10 weeks to go until our 2nd son will join the world.  I'm a little freaked out by it because it seems to be sneaking up on me very fast... probably because Jeffrey has been keeping us so busy and last pregnancy all we had to focus on was the pregnancy.  It doesn't seem like we should be so far along, but here we are... 2 1/2 months (roughly) from having 2 kids, I'm excited, but it catches me off guard that the time is flying by so fast for the next one to join our family.

5) My son is awesome.  He is just a character and a half and so full of energy.  Most of the time that is a completely awesome thing.  Sure, he's a toddler and he doesn't always listen and gets himself into trouble at times, but overall, he is a great kid.  He will take his little football, squat down and put the ball on the ground like a center and then take his index finger from his other hand and put it on the ground and wait for me to say "Hike", then he gets up and charges at me, or runs around the room.  If he runs around the room, you can say "Touchdown" and sometimes he'll do a little touchdown dance.  Just one of the little things he does that is just awesome.

• Options

1) I posted a thread about it, but we have our anatomy scan today.  More on that later today!

2) This morning I was working from home and it was my wife's first day of Christmas break.  I kept the lights off as I was leaving the bedroom so she could sleep.  I opened the door then turned to call the dog to come with me. When I turned back to leave I hit face first into the door jam and messed up my glasses.  Now we have to go get my glasses fixed before our doctor appointment so I can actually see!

3) We are traveling tonight for the holidays.  We aren't packed yet and still have a ton to do before we go.  It's going to be a hectic day.

4) I'm excited for my wife to open her Christmas gifts from me.  I think I knocked it out of the park this year.  I would talk about what I did but she checks in on me here periodically.

5) I have tickets to the Ohio State - Kansas game on Saturday.  Should be fun.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Whoa...I don't know what to do with this much freedom...

1) My son started his first week of daycare this week. It's kind of awesome taking him every morning with all of the other parents and kids. It's a small school turned into a day care center so it's basically classrooms, an auditorium and a lot of playground area. It's also run by the school district, so it is like going to school. Once my son is big enough to carry a back pack we are definitely getting one!

2) Also, daycare has made my son crazy tried. He is now sleeping 5-6 hours, which is amazing, but he is so tired when we get home that he has no interest in playing. It's cute watching him try to stay awake while I cook...his little head nods back and forth until he finally gives in.

3) The wife is also back at work...I think she is doing okay. We had a rough weekend as she was stressed about going back, leaving him in daycare and the entire transition. She was so stressed she gave herself a migraine and we had to cancel all of our plans so I could tend to the little one and get all of us ready for the work week. BUT we are back on track now.

4) Her stress was also linked to what happened in CT. What a tragedy. My heart and prayers go out to everyone that was affected and I pray that we as a country can come up with some steps for gun control and proactive measures to make sure this kind of senseless act doesn't continue. Sending my son off to school and watching my wife head back to her first grade classroom really made this sit with me. It hurts to see other people hurt.

5) And with all of this, I can't forget that the holidays are coming and the reason for the season. I hope all of you guys have a blessed holiday filled with loved ones, compassion and more blessings than you could ever imagine!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

1. Had someone knock on my door last night trying to beg money from me.  Put up a NO SOLICITING sign on the mail box.

2. My son doesn't like strangers at the moment so no Santa Claus this year.  Was at Bob Evans the other day and was asked if LO wanted to see Santa, I refused.

3. My Christmas shopping is done, MW still has to finish up hers.

4. Need to finish wrapping my presents.

5. So far doing well, our budget for Christmas this year is roughly $500 and we are in decent shape.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"