November 2011 Moms
Options

Things I miss....

So now that everyone's LOs are over 1 I thought I would post this... since I found myself thinking of it yesterday... name some things you miss now that LO is bigger.

1) STTN. LO started STTN at 4 months and did great with it up til around 11 months. Now he gets up at around 3-4 AM most nights. I assume this has to do with the fact that many days he resists napping.

2) Being able to have LO snuggle on my chest. I am only 5 feet tall and now when I have LO sleeping in my arms on those late nights, his head is at my chin and his feet dangle all the way down past my thighs. I just miss a tiny cuddly baby (not to mention if he's not sleeping he won't sit still for 2 mins)

3) BFing.... I stopped at around 2.5 months due to supply/other issues. It ended up being a great decision for us because once we had him on the sensitive formula for about 2 weeks his colic got more manageable. But I do miss that bonding

4) Quiet. Yeah I know this doesn't make much sense... but I guess I should say I miss when LO was a newborn and only cried when he needed something (before the colic set in). Now he's full of attitude and has his fair share of temper tantrum

5) Calling him baby. No matter what he will always be my baby and I will probably always call him this, but now I get corrected by people. "He's not a baby anymore, he's a toddler".

Re: Things I miss....

• Options
    I literally was just thinking this before I got on the computer. I miss snuggling with DS on cold mornings in my bed. Now he refuses, to even lay with me. I'd have to have him fully asleep if I wanted to cuddle with him. Sad
    Married 02.06.10
    DS1 born 11.19.11
    DS2 born 07.02.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    He's too big to nap on my chest!!! He used to nap on my chest, so weet and snugly. Now he rolls all around.
    I miss the sucking motion he did with his mouth, when he didn't have his paci.
    the baby cry, now he screams bloody murder
    I was excited to feed him real food now I wish I could just give him formula, sounds bad but so much easier!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I totally miss the kargaroo time we used to do. And as weird as it sounds, when he was in the NICU I miss the time that is was just me and him. A nurse coming to check in every now and then. But I just loved that it was "our" time. I also miss BF for the bonding, but also because it was so easy to feed him when he was hungry. Now I gotta decide is he thirsty, want a snack or a meal, lol

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Options
    The snuggling, the teeny clothes, our evening naps together when she would sleep on my chest, her coos, and she was easily amused with simple toys. Although, I am loving her stage now. She is just so cute when she wanders around aimlessly and talks to herself, haha. ;-)
                                    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

imagegracefulruby33:
    She is just so cute when she wanders around aimlessly and talks to herself, haha. ;-)

THIS, Manny can spend all day long talking to himself and at times even gets upset if interrupt him lol

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Options

The teeny tiny clothes and diapers!!!  I loved those.  Even now when I'm shopping for her 18 month outfits, I pick up the newborn or 3-month stuff and kind of hold it close.  I'm sure I look ridiculous but I miss that. 

I just thought of this today - I miss the infant car seat.  It was so easy to put a blanket over her and head out the door.  Now I have to put her hat on, coat, mittens, boots, and carry her into and out of the car.. and it's damn cold here!  I also miss snuggling on the couch with her when it was way past her bedtime.  Now I try to follow a bedtime routine but it was really nice when it didn't matter when I put her down for the night.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Napping on my chest and just being tiny. And maybe the new baby smell

As he has gotten older, I have definitely discovered I'm not really a baby person. Unless its a newborn that you can just hold and sleeps, I'm definitely enjoying this stage more!

• Options

Everything newborn!  I love itty bitty babies. 

I really miss having only mobile child.  DD2 is a beast!

photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"