Pregnant after 35

Not a 'new' mommy - Intro

Hi everyone! I just got my BFP this morning, and as I'm a short cycle kind of gal who ovulates early, I'm really very early in my pregnancy (FF says I'm only 3 weeks 6 days). But that digi FRER was very clear, I'm so happy to get to come on over here and meet all of you!

DH and I were married in August and I immediately went off the pill to start TTC. I'm an 'older' mom already, my daughter from a previous marriage turned 18 in October so I'm truly starting all over again from scratch with the whole baby thing - of course with all the attendant doubts about whether or not I'm nuts to be even contemplating this craziness! But in the end, we really do want a baby together, it will be the first for my MIL and, even though far apart, a sister for my daughter which she's very excited about even as she prepares to head off to college in April.

My EDD of August 29 is actually just shy of two weeks before my 40th birthday - wow, when I say it out loud it sounds so weird!   So, although I've done the baby/mommy thing before, it really does feel like worlds and ages ago, things seem to have changed a great deal in 18 years. Strollers, anyone - yowsers, they have more features on them now than my car! lol It speaks volumes that there wasn't even internet around when I was pregnant with DD in 1994, what a whole new world of information there is to explore this time around.

At any rate, I'm looking forward to sharing this wonderful pregnancy journey with all of you! :)

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

Re: Not a 'new' mommy - Intro

• Congrats and welcome to the board.  I am 38 and will be 39 by the time this LO arrives.  I am sort of like you and there are a few other moms on here as well who have a big gap between ages so no worries you will fit in great.  My son is 14 and will almost be 15 when LO arrives.  It took my DH and I a while (8 yrs) to finally conceive but finally here we are with another boy on the way.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagetrevinosnm:
    Congrats and welcome to the board.  I am 38 and will be 39 by the time this LO arrives.  I am sort of like you and there are a few other moms on here as well who have a big gap between ages so no worries you will fit in great.  My son is 14 and will almost be 15 when LO arrives.  It took my DH and I a while (8 yrs) to finally conceive but finally here we are with another boy on the way.

Thank you, and congratulations to you as well!

I actually have a few friends my age who've had babies recently, so I'm not alone in the 'older having a baby' world, but only one of them has other older children (early teens) and the others this baby was their first, so I'm definitely leading the way in having the biggest gap between kids around here.  Dubious distinction perhaps? lol

imageimage

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Loading the player...
  • Congrats and welcome!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Welcome!!!  I'm a late bloomer, while most of my high school friends have high school aged children now, I am just getting started!!  The big benefit is that people think I'm way younger than I am!!  

Glad that your DD is excited to be a big sister. My little sisters were born when I was 16 and 18 and I am more like a youngish auntie to them than a sister but they are fun!!

Congrats!

JM 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

IF History in my Bio!

• Hello & Congrats, My first born is 18, second born 11 & waiting on the arrival of our baby in March.I am 37 yrs old & never thought I would be doing this all over again lol. My Husband of 13 yrs always wanted his own daughter but has all boys.We have talked about it a few years after we had our son but I just didn't want to have anymore kids at that point in my life. So after his last tour in Iraq we discussed it once more & here we are having a little girl soon. We feel so blessed! I am so prepared for this & looking forward to late night feedings & changing dirty diapers all over again.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Congrats and welcome! H&H 9 months to you!
    Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
  • Congratulations and welcome to the board! I think you'll love it here! I also knew very early in my cycle-- at 10 DPO!

It makes for a very long 40 weeks, but there are so many great new clothing and gear options out there now, that you can spend that time researching and planning your wish list! My sister is so jealous of all the great stuff I'll have available to me now-- and her oldest is only 9!

*********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
            -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
    DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
    TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
    <br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

• Congrats and GL!
  • I thought I saw a BFP on your chart yesterday - congrats!!!
    Me 39 & suspected PCOS, DH 42. Went off BCP when we got married in 11/11, seriously TTC since 3/12.  Six cycles of clomid = BFNs.  Suspected endometriosis & HSG showed both tubes blocked.  Sept 2013 IVF 5D transfer of two perfect embryos = BFN.  Started acupuncture and taking time off to drop some pounds & get healthier before FET in April 2014.
  • Thanks everyone!  It truly is great to know there are others out there in the same boat as me, whether it's having a baby after 35 and/or having older siblings.  This pregnancy feels so completely different from my first.  Back then, she was an 'oops', I was on the pill when she came along, still going to university and me and my then husband were broke as all get out.  It all worked out, of course.  But things are just so much different now.  I've been a teacher for 14 years, well-established in my job which I love, own a house, etc.  Everything just feels right!

And the internet...oh my, the internet...so much to browse through and obsess over!  I've got a private Pinterest page set up so I can start filling it with baby stuff (haven't told family/friends yet so will keep that private for a while), and just the information and resources available now at the click of a mouse...so different than 18 years ago!  And to have these forums to participate in, others to share the experience with and such...it's just so amazing!

imageimage

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"