Health & Exercise
Options

Hi Ladies, Intensity Question.

Just curious and thought this would be a good place to ask - did your doctor give you a specific heart rate to stay under during your workouts? I try to go to the gym 2 to 3 times a week and so far have just been sticking to the elliptical or a brisk walk on the treadmill in addition to weights (a little lighter but more reps then before the BFP). I sometimes run/jog and have done kickboxing classes etc. but right now do not have the energy for that at all. I can ask at my appointment, but it is not for a few weeks yet.

Thanks!

About me:AMA 41 BFP 8/1/12 EDD 4/8/12 Found no Heartbeat 9/5/12 D&C 9/12/12

BFP 12/13/12 EDD 8/22/13 Lilah Ruby born 8/8/13

http://lb1f.lilypie.com/zdSMm7.png

Re: Hi Ladies, Intensity Question.

• Options

My doctor did not.  I do HIIT training and initially he wanted me to stop after the first trimester.  However, once we discussed my fitness regimen, he said it was fine if I continued it and just listened to my body.  

When I found out I was pregnant I did extensive research on heart rate and it seems that the 140 maximum set for pregnant women is no longer the standard.  A lot of doctors and fitness professionals say you should use the talk test and make sure you're heart rate does not get so high that you cannot carry on a conversation.  

The general rule is that if you did it prior to getting pregnant, you can continue to do it (with certain exceptions like bike riding and contact sports).  I would, however, discuss this with your doctor seeing that every pregnancy is different.   

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the input! I'm going to just try to keep up the best I can and 140 seems reasonable for my old age anyway. Smile
    About me:AMA 41 BFP 8/1/12 EDD 4/8/12 Found no Heartbeat 9/5/12 D&C 9/12/12

BFP 12/13/12 EDD 8/22/13 Lilah Ruby born 8/8/13

http://lb1f.lilypie.com/zdSMm7.png
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm a spinning instructor and am still teaching my classes. One suggestion I give to members is to get a heart rate monitor. Good luck!
    m/c #1 6/30/05 m/c #2 9/18/06 m/c #3 9/18/08 BFP 10/21/12....EDD 7/6/13....Praying this is my sticky baby. Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums. Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    No, I heard heart rate limits were out dated. I did a lot of sprinting in first Tri. I was only told no contact sports after first Tri. But then in third Tri, I slipped in the tub and fell pretty hard (hit thigh and back), went to the OB and they were saying you really have to have blunt force straight to the abdomen to be worried about anything.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    20120611-154610-DSC_5742 imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"