March 2012 Moms
Options

clapping and waving?

Hello all!

My LO isnt doing either yet :( Anything you did to help them clap and wave? I keep waving and clapping but no success yet. 

Re: clapping and waving?

• Options
    DD2 is just over nine months, and is just starting to raise her hand in an almost wave. No idea when they are supposed to start, but I'm not worried. No clapping, but a lot of banging on the table.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageacaudill75:
    DD2 is just over nine months, and is just starting to raise her hand in an almost wave. No idea when they are supposed to start, but I'm not worried. No clapping, but a lot of banging on the table.

haha yes! A lot of banging on the table...maybe I should'nt worry just yet. :) 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Are you a FTM? I used to obssess with EVERY STINKING MILESTONE with DD1. Now I know that no matter how much I want something to happen, it won't until it is time. Easy for me to say, I know, but it's true. I wanted DD1 to put her arms up for me to pick her up in the worst way, and it took forever for her to do it. DD2 did it at like six months like it was nothing, before I even thought about wanting her to do it. I could stand DD1 up holding onto something, and she would stay standing at the same age; DD2 stays for 3 seconds and collapses. Every baby is different. When I say goodbye to DD2, she doesn't wave back, but gives me the cheesiest grin you will ever see, and its better than any wave. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DS doesn't do it yet either. But he's crawling up the stairs already..so I think he is a littler backwards..LOL. I have been trying to clap with him and sing him happy if you know it song, to encourage clapping, but he just laughs at me.LOL
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimage
  • Options

DS just started waving this past week. And that is not consistent all the. Sometimes he will wave and other times he just looks at us like we are crazy! So we just wave at everything. When I am walking around the house with him we wave at the dog, at ourselves in the mirror.. etc etc. His clapping is a "form" of clapping. Whenever we clap he will bring his hands together then pump them up and down. I think he thinks he is clapping lol just not opening and closing the hands together. So close but really no cigar yet.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

DD waves, but only when she feels like it. I'll say, "Say Bye bye, Claire!" And all I get is a blank stare. 

No clapping here, either. I try to do clapping rhymes and songs and move her hands, but she doesn't get it. She really doesn't bang toys together either.  

• Options
    He's been clapping for awhile but actual waving just started last night. My mom was leaving after visiting with us and she waved and said "Bye, bye, Alexander!" and he waved right back like he'd been doing it forever. He did it when I dropped him of at daycare, too. It's always amazing to me how one day they don't do something, and the next day, they're experts!

• Options

imageMariJ1008:
    DS doesn't do it yet either. But he's crawling up the stairs already..so I think he is a littler backwards..LOL. I have been trying to clap with him and sing him happy if you know it song, to encourage clapping, but he just laughs at me.LOL

Same for us! He is walking with his push walker, crawling, going up our stairs. If you tell him to dance or put some music on he "dances" but he hasn't learned waving or clapping yet. I just say the things I am doing while I do them.  I figure he will do it when he is ready to. So for now I will just keep saying what I am doing. He will catch on eventually.

• Options
    No clapping but definitely banging away on tables. Waving not so much either or when he does it's not because he is saying hi or bye

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Options
    I was going to post this same thing today.. thanks for posting the question! Our Pedi asked us if Tenley was waving yet at her appointment yesterday and I've been worrying ever since ;) 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Don't fret, all in due time! DD just waved for the first time on Wednesday. I've been trying to coach her to wave since she was like 2 weeks, lol
  • Options
    our lil man did hi fives but his when he tried to clap his two hands would sail past each other .. then all of a sudden he starte dclapping in his car seat on the way home from work one day and now he does it a lot.. his waving is sporadic.  He has been doing so many other things that we're not worried about development at all.. he will get there when he is ready. 

His favorite thing right now is blowing raspberry farts on my belly and boobs..yeah great in the middle of walmart when he is in his carrier Huh? and everyone looks at you like you dropped gas lol.  His raspberry farts are very loud lol.  He even started doing it on the big round arms of the IL's leather sofa last week, it was frickin hilarious.

he has been sleeping in his crib more for naps which is good, eating great and playing hard.. lotsa bumps on the old noggin.  He seesm to think if he ducks his head down and rams something it will move outta his way... but someoe needs to tell him that dont work with walls....Tongue Tied he is a strong, stubborn lil butthead and certainly keeps us on our toes nowadays.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"