Working Moms
Options

Christmas Gift for your part time nanny

one of my girlfriends has a woman come and take care of her 15 month old twins 3 days a week for a total of 12 hours total. They have been wokring with this woman for the past year. The care giver is experienced and has a college degree and provides excellent care and frequently goes above and beyond for the family during her time with them. The caregiver has also come over last minute when needed on non scheduled days and has never missed a day of work.

What would you think is an acceptable Christmas gift? I always thought it was a weeks pay and a small gift from the children. My friend thinks a $20 scarf and nice card are sufficient.

Thoughts?

Re: Christmas Gift for your part time nanny

• Options

A week's pay seems to be the norm but we can't afford a week's pay for our FT nanny.  I bought her a really nice purse because I think she needs one.  It cost $140.00.  Then I'm going to give her $100.00 or so as a bonus, and I'm going to pay for a full work week this week even though she's only working 3 days.

For a PT nanny I would probably do a weeks pay especially if it's not much and a nice gift.

$20 scarf and a card is cheap IMO and not a nice enough gift. 

• Options
    we have a similar set up with a part time nanny. DH's consulting work is all over the place so she has really made herseff available around his schedule to come in to care for the kiddies. we gave her a week's pay and i have to get her something from the kids still (like a scarf or an amazon gift card b/c she loves her kindle).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagemexicolombiana:

For a PT nanny I would probably do a weeks pay especially if it's not much and a nice gift.

Agreed! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageemilyec1:
    imagemexicolombiana:

Agreed! 

I second it...

we got our PT babysitter (3 - 8 hour days a week) a $50 GC to Outback Steakhouse and a $50 GC to Super Target...  She usually gets $75 a week for watching him, so we decided to do $100 worth of GC's and then one of our Christmas cards we sent out... 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Thnaks for the feed back everyone! I use to nanny myself and always received generous gifts from families that where within their means.

When my friend told me what she was doing I had flashbacks of the Nanny Diaries Christmas gift! Earmuffs!!!!

fyi...Her nanny is paid $120.00 a week

• Options
    I know I can be sort of snobby but it would be hard to even find a gift-worthy scarf in the $20 range. One from the Gap not even made out of a nice material is $30+. It's got me thinking of Nanny Diaries too!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    120/week full time?! Wow.

Agreed 20 scarf is cheap and tacky. I'd say at least 75100
    Lionyl Osborne "Lio" is here! May 23rd 2012 at 2:54am 8lbs 4oz 21inches Born at 37weeks 6days
    DD #1 born 9/3/2003 - 8 years old - 3rd grade!
    DD #2 born 3/22/2007 - 5 years old - in full time preschool

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"