Adoption
Options

So I'm scared, but hopeful, and I just cried at a Pampers commercial

First off...I've been doing fine all day until I just saw a Pampers commercial while folding laundry. Now I'm a hot mess.

Even though we had a failed match 3 days ago, our SW approached us with a new EM that will be looking at profiles tomorrow morning. She feels this would be a good fit for us if it were to come to fruition, but wanted to make sure we took the proper time to grieve as well. Our agency is rather small, so opportunities don't always present themselves a lot, so we have decided to go ahead with having our profile shown. After seeing the EM's profile, we do feel it would be a better fit for us than the one we just were taken out of as well.

However, it scares me that we could be chosen to meet with her off a failed adoption match that is so fresh and real right now. But at the same time I'm excited at the prospect and regardless of the outcome, it gives us hope for the future. 

I just worry I'm going to be so skeptical now going into future potential matches and I don't want to appear closed off, but I also want to guard my heart a bit. How does one create a proper balance between the two?

:::FOLLOW MY HALF MARATHON TRAINING:::

:::Our Adoption Journey:::

Evan James was born 1/24/13 and matched with us 2/20/13. The LOVE OF MY LIFE!!!

Re: So I'm scared, but hopeful, and I just cried at a Pampers commercial

• Options
    I have no clue. It sounds so hard, and yet such a hopeful situation, at the same time. I really hope that it works out for you guys :-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I don't know either, but I'm sure the answer will come to you in time. And from what you've written, I think your hopefulness, and your sense of peace from the failed match, will help you through it.

((HUGS))

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good luck. And I think skeptical is probably the best attitude to take about the whole process. Unless you have some hardcore faith (which I don't) then go with that.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageDr.Loretta:

I don't know either, but I'm sure the answer will come to you in time. And from what you've written, I think your hopefulness, and your sense of peace from the failed match, will help you through it.

((HUGS))

Thank you. I'm trying to see that whole experience as more of a blessing than a negative thing. I will try and channel that positivity into this next potential situation, I suppose!

• Options

imageRachel Sonnier:
    I have no clue. It sounds so hard, and yet such a hopeful situation, at the same time. I really hope that it works out for you guys :-)

THANKS!

• Options

I never really recovered from our failed match..... but we kept plodding along. 
    We remained a bit cynical even when we found out about DD1.  We never really thought it would come together... and it did.

For us, our buzz word was cautiously optimistic.  We chose not to jump in w/an open heart... it was our way of coping.  

Guarding our heart worked for us :) 

image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • Options
    I have no advice, but thoughts and prayers for you guys and this EM.  I would definately be happy about the fact that you've been shown twice already, that is wonderful.  Good luck, I hope you are matched very soon.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    "Sometimes you are delayed because God knows their is a storm where you are headed." Perhaps this is your rainbow. Best wishes!
    TTC since June 2010
    5 Angels

Lilypie - (hlC0)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"