C-sections

Anyone go in to labor before rcs?

Anybody go in to labor beforehand? If so i have a question. 

I know if your water breaks you call doc and go in but what happens if it's contractions? A doc I saw while mine was out of town said to wait for the 5-1-1, but I kind of feel like if I am having a rcs why do i need to wait until a typical woman with a vaginal birth awaiting her? If I have to have a rcs (vbac not an option) I don't want to have to go through the painful laboring process. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone go in to labor before rcs?

• We havent discussed it in depth yet, but I did as my doctor at my last appointment and she said that once I'm past 39w, if I start having any contractions at all to go ahead and go in and they'll do my RCS.  I'm curious too, though, what others have been told.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • I went into labor before my first c/s (baby was breech). My ob and I had not talked in depth about what to do, but I unintentionally let my contractions get beyond 5-1-1 and my water was leaking, so I called and went in. I was 38w2d at the time and didn't realize the back pain I had been having all day was actually early labor and by the middle of the night I realized that it was real labor. I would say to call if you get consistent contractions, even if they're not exactly 5-1-1. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I did! It totally caught me off guard. I went from contractions every 6 minutes to every 2 minutes in just an hour or so. It was three days before my RCS.  I went in at midnight and they made me wait until 8 am since it wasn't an emergency. They stopped labor, gave me some drugs, and I was supposed to sleep until it was time for surgery. 

I don't see any reason to wait if you are in active labor. Like I said, I only had to wait since it was the middle of the night. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I did. I went into the hospital at 4 min apart and they said they would not admit me unless i was dilated to 4cm even though i had a scheduled c section a few days later due to breech baby. It sucked because i had to just go through the contractions with no meds because the doc told them to just schedule me for that morning at 730 ( i was admitted at 3) so they just waited and then gave me the spinal 
  • My doc said if I get regular contractions (5 mins apart) to go in and tell them I am scheduled for a section, and they will do it then.

They don't want to take the baby early, which is probably why your doc wants to make sure you are in true labor with 5-1-1.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I asked mine on Wend. and he said 8 mins apart for 2 hours.  
    Pregnancy Ticker image image image
  • My water broke the day before my scheduled c-section at 38w6d. I was 6 centimeters when we got to the hospital and 10 cm when I went in the OR. I know they called for the anesthesia team STAT so I guess at that point it was an emergency. I'm hoping I don't have a repeat this time. My dr. can't take him before 39 weeks and he has consistently measured 15 days ahead so I'm a little nervous!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"