Parenting after a Loss
Options

Taking pictures of 2?

I've been trying for weeks now to get a decent photo of DD and DS together to give to family members for Christmas. I can occasionally get a good photo of one of them, but never both at the same time. Usually it's DS plus a blonde blur where DD races through the shot. 

I'm using an average digital camera, definitely nothing fancy. It's hard to get good shots indoors with it, since the flash washes everything out but the kids are blurry without it.

Since everyone else seems to have gorgeous photos of their LOs, can you share any tips?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Taking pictures of 2?

• Options
    In order for me to get a good pic of M I have to take 20-30 pics one after another after another. & he's just him. my camera isnt too fancy, but it has a no blur function, that helps too. Good luck!
  • Options
    imagetheresat858:
    I don't have two, but the only way to get a good pic of LO and my dog is to use the 'sports shooting' setting on the camera in bright light, and take about 30 shots to get one good one.
    This. Bright light and a sports setting if you have it. With my toddler it took about 30 shots to get one usable...and even that one wasn't perfect.

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I do the same thing.. I speed click! Usually, I'll take random pictures first to check lighting and such.. but, once I'm happy with the lighting, I'll take dozens of pictures and sort through them to find which ones I like.. like you, sometimes my flash blows out the picture, but without it, occasionally DS's hands will blur if he's moving them.. I usually like shooting on an aperture favored setting, just because I like how it blurs my background, so I've not tried it on sports.  Good luck!
    Loss #1: 18w5d.. D&E 04Mar03 BFP #2: Jun2011.. missed miscarriage. D&C 08Jul2011 8w4d. BFP #3: Nov2011.. Our Rainbow Baby!!! DS Born: 15Jul2012! BFP #4: Nov2012.. 2U1 - DS2 born 12Jul2013.  BFP #5: 01Jan2014..3U3!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My blog about raising 2U2!
  • Options
    I'm getting so frustrated with my camera lately I've told DH I think we need to invest in a real one. I just can't get the kind of photographs I want with a point and shoot anymore. GL!

imageimageimageTTC since 07/11 | natural m/c 08/11 | BFP 12/6/2011 | Elinor Anna born 8/18/2012 | BFP #2 1/16/2014
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Thanks everyone! I gave this another shot this afternoon (har har) and I think we may have gotten a good picture. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has to click away like crazy to get one good shot. I think I took almost 100 pictures and got 4 I liked.

• Options
    Your best best with a point and shoot is to get them by a window with a lot of natural light. Most PSs still have a manual option. If yours does, put your aperture f/stop as low as 3 and put your shutter speed at least at 125 if you can. Then you hopefully won't need flash. If you can change your ISO, put that high too. You might have to reference your manual.

I don't have 2 yet but I'm a photographer and when I photograph 2 or more kids I just take hundreds of pics. Sometimes I even use my editing software to cut off a head from one pic and put it on another. It's tough! GL!

• Options

No tips, just sympathy from a fellow twin mom. We tried to take one month pictures on Sunday and it was laughable. I would hold one until he was calm and my DH would hold the other. Once mine was calm I'd drop him on the sheet, frame the shot super quickly and once I was ready my DH would put the other one down. I'd snap as quickly as humanly possible, but often they'd both start screaming or flailing before I could even get a good shot.

I suggest you post this on the multiples board. There's a triplet mom on there that's also a professional photographer.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lost our first little peanut on 1/17/2012 at 9 weeks and 5 days. We miss you little blessing, but we know you were too perfect for this world.
    My multiples/parenting/pregnancy/miscarriage blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"