C-sections

Sex?!

Hey ladies! How long after you had your csection did you wait to have sex?honestly please! Just curious if everyone is waiting the WHOLE 6 weeks. Thanks!

Re: Sex?!

• Yes, I waited the whole six weeks as should you. Give your body a chance to heal. FYI, just because you had a c/s doesn't mean it won't hurt the first few times, especially if you are BFing. Hormones dry you out!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• I waited until my doctor gave me the go-ahead after my mirena was placed at my 6 week checkup.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Same as the pp's.  I waited until the clear from my doctor.  I didn't want to chance anything!!
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Yes I waited the WHOLE 6 weeks. Just because DS didn't come out of my vag doesn't mean that there isn't internal healing to be done.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We waited 8w, because my doctor wanted me to wait 2 weeks after getting my Mirena placed.

The reason they generally suggest waiting 6 weeks is not just so your vagina can heal, but you uterus needs that time to properly heal as well.  You can wait. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Just because you have a csection doesnt mean anything different other than a baby came out of your stomach instead of your vagina. Your cervix still opens to release everything and you can contract an infection super easily. Which can lead to issues with future pregnancies and long stays at the hospital.

That being said, I ignorantly attempted sex at 3.5 weeks PP. It was the most painful thing Ive felt. Worse than my contractions. It was as if my cervix was badly bruised and it made me feel sick to my stomach . I will never do that again and I suggest you wait.

• Thanks for all your replies! I am fully aware of everything that was said and appreciate all of it! I plan to wait but was JUST curious if you all did :) 

• I was cleared at 4 weeks and we did it a few days later.  It wasn't the best sex of my life obviously, but it definitely didn't hurt.  I am not sure how typical my experience is, but I had a very easy recovery. 
    ***S/PAIFW***TTC since forever ago....

DH-34-MFI-motility+morphology.... Me-32-Hypothyrpid+LPD

7/8/11: Clomid100mg+Ovidrel+IUI#1=BFN

8/2/11: Clomid50mg+Ovidrel+IUI#2=BFFN

8/25/11: Follistim50iu+Ovidrel+IUI#3=BFP!!!!@14dpo

Beta#1 9/8 - 251 Beta#2 9/15 - 1622 Beta#3 9/22 - 12674

1st U/S; heard one beautiful HB of 129 - 9/29/11

OB visit; HB of 166 - 10/13/11

2nd US; HB of 163 - 10/18/11

A/S - 12/9/11 - It's a perfect healthy BOY!!!!

Our miracle baby boy - born 5/24/12

• I was cleared at 6 weeks pp but didn't even feel remotely close to WANTING to have sex, much less the energy to have sex until 9 weeks PP.
    12/13/10 BFP 12/23/10 Miscarriage 3/6/11 BFP EDD 11/09/11 11/03/11 C-Section at 39w1d for failure to progress on induction for HBP and GD Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Cincinnati Reds Pictures, Images and Photos image ~~~~~Everyone Welcome PgAL/PAL~~~~~~
  • Yes you need to wait. Your body is healing your uterus especially. You can risk major infection by having sex to early. Plus the awesome part that you may still be bleeding
  • Yup. Waited the whole 6 weeks.
  • I waited until 7 weeks with my last pregnancy. This time around I plan to wait a whole lot longer, but that is more due to circumstance versus needing too. LOL ;)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers BabyName Ticker
  • We waited 3 with my first and it was wonderful.
  • 6 or 7 weeks, and I would have been just fine waiting a bit longer. It wasn't the amazing sex I was expecting after the long abstinence. More like, "Are you done yet? Can you hurry?" I was so tired and sore...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"