Maryland Babies
Options

Babysitting-funny

So DH and I are those people who almost never get a sitter. We don't have family in the area and there isn't really anyone we trust with our kids. however, we decided to go to my office christmas party on saturday so we got DS's teacher to watch them. Which was really a great solution, I wish we had thought of it before.

Anyway, she came over around 6:30 and I kind of was like "uh, well you can try putting them to bed....you may or may not succeed." My kids are notoriously bad sleepers. DS1 wont fall asleep unless I lay down with him and DS2 nurses to sleep and then wakes up several times per night.

we got home around 9:45 and she was sitting there watching TV. I looked around for the kids. She told me they went to bed right after each other, at 8:00 and 8:15. I said "really? did they give you any trouble?" and she told me that for both of them, she rubbed their backs for a couple of minutes and they were out like a light. OMG. DH and I are still shaking our heads about this!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Babysitting-funny

• Options
    imagemrs. remy:

DS1 wont fall asleep unless I lay down with him and DS2 nurses to sleep and then wakes up several times per night.

We have the same exact situation.

That's awesome though that it worked out!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah, my girls act totally differently around sitters than they do for us when it comes to bedtimes.  There aren't any shenanagins for the babysitters.  We need to get a sitter more often.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Seriously! What gives! We were like "Uh, I guess this means more date nights?"

My kids play me like a fiddle I suppose......

• Options
    She sounds like a keeper!

• Options

That's awesome that they were so good for the sitter! But if I were in your place I'd be thinking "no fair!!"

Every time we leave DS with either my parents or DH's parents (which is once a month or so) I try to tell them what to expect (he's been napping badly lately, he's perfect at bedtime, etc) and I'm almost always wrong!! I feel like no matter what I say, DS will change it up and make a liar out of me.

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • Options
    That's awesome!!  I always had that when I was babysitter.  Kids normally act better for other people than their parents...   (most of the time).
    IUI#1 = 09/10 - Canceled - Dx w/POF
    DE IVF #1= 04/11 - BFP
  • Options

imagelenebene:
    That's awesome!!  I always had that when I was babysitter.  Kids normally act better for other people than their parents...   (most of the time).

I always ended up babysitting the kids that REFUSED to go to sleep/be quiet/stop crying for anyone but their parents.  I'm still scarred by a few of those nights.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageKathrynMD:

imagelenebene:

I always ended up babysitting the kids that REFUSED to go to sleep/be quiet/stop crying for anyone but their parents.  I'm still scarred by a few of those nights.

Oh god that really sucks Sad 

IUI#1 = 09/10 - Canceled - Dx w/POF
    DE IVF #1= 04/11 - BFP
  • Options
    imageKathrynMD:

imagelenebene:

Ha, I babysat the WORST kids when I was growing up. Actually the younger sister was a doll but the older sister was the spawn of satan.....she would lock her little sister in the bathroom (when she was like one year old and couldnt work the lock to get herself out). Another time she got on the roof and wouldnt come down. I see on FB she is married now with a kid and I wonder if she is still a total psycho!

• Options

imagejcsntms06:
    She sounds like a keeper!

ITA

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Love it! I'm so happy to know there are parents that face the same situation we do! We are in the same boat.
    Visit The Nest! image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    This pretty much happened to us last night.  She tends to go to bed easily, but I was worried about dinner.  Apparently there was no food throwing or window-shattering screams when she got her face and hands wiped.  Go figure.
    IMG_2304IMG_3206
    Baby Girl #2 is on her way!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"