Postpartum Depression
Options

Zoloft while pregnant

I was just wondering if anybody has taken zoloft while pregnant? One of the doctors in the practice I go to feels that it would be beneficial for me to start taking zoloft in my 3rd trimester so it has time to actually work by the time the baby comes. He says there are risks, but after talking with me about my experience with my DD, he feels that the benefits to starting it before I have this baby outweigh the risks. I just wanted to know if anybody has taken it while pregnant and gone on to have a perfectly healthy baby. That's my main concern. I don't want to cause any problems for the baby, so I'm hesitant to take it while pregnant.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Zoloft while pregnant

• Options
    Forgot to mention that I took it after I had my daughter and it helped immensely. That is why he was suggesting taking a low dose while in my 3rd trimester.

• Options
    I took it while pregnant with DS1.  There are risks but I felt that I really needed it.  It definitely helped me.  I did have a perfectly healthy baby, but you'd have to look at statistics to get a better idea of the risk.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm currently taking it at 11 weeks and will continue to take it through my pregnancy and beyond.  My doctor and I agreed that for my depression and anxiety issues, it wa worth the risk.
  • Options
    I was on 50 mg daily while pregnant... She was perfectly fine. I was a case where the benefit (saved my life depression was so severe) outweighed the risk.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest! Lilypie First Birthday tickers image
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! Good to hear other people have taken it while pregnant and had perfectly healthy babies. I just can't go through what I went through after I had my DD again. It was absolute hell and I hope to never experience that again.

• Options

I took 25 mg while pregnant with identical twins boys. I felt it was better for me than not taking it. However my doctor want me to be off it at 33 weeks . I was worried about suffering from ppd because i was having multiples and have a history depression, but have not had any problems. Anyway my boys are 4 months old and very healthy, no problems at this point. I definitely was nervous about taking it, but Mama has to be healthy too!

• Options

i went on zoloft during my 2nd trimester due to horrible anxiety during my pregnancy.  the difference it made has been amazing.  it was a hard choice, but my doctor, husband and myself all agreed that the risks of such severe and debilitating anxiety greatly outweighed the risk of the zoloft. our baby is perfect and had no side effects at birth or since.  we are getting ready to try for #2 and although i wish i didn't have to take anything while pregnant, i am terrified of experiencing such anxiety again, so i will stay on it.  good luck :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"