July 2011 Moms
Options

so we did it....

We dropped Andrews bedtime bottle tonight (now he's completely off).  It went OK, we just gave him a sippy with  milk while he was watching Bubble Guppies before bed.

He didnt drink too much of it.  Maybe 2 oz?  Do you think thats OK?  He drinks decent during the day. 

It went surprisingly better than I thought. 

How did you all make the transition? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: so we did it....

• Options
    We never did bottles, but transitioning from BM to WCM wasn't an issue, as she hates WCM. She drinks maybe 2 oz a day...mixed with almond milk.
  • Options

That seems fine, Lena doesn't drink too much at night either. Glad it went well!

We just went cold turkey and she could not have cared less. We got lucky!  

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageHav=Fath:
    We still do THREE bottles a day... 2 for naps and 1 at bedtime, and I have no clue how to break it. To be totally honest I'm not too worried about it yet, know it needs to happen but just not something I'm looking forward to. 
    I wasnt too worried about it yet, but I got to thinking that it would probably be best to just do it now, so when the new baby comes he won't remember it.  Hopefully!

• Options

We got really lucky too -- we dropped all bottles but the bedtime one at 12 months.  He hung onto that last one until about 13 months.  He drinks a lot less now that he drinks from sippys because he really only drinks milk with meals. 

He definitely has increased his solids intake tho, so I think it's all good.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We had a hard time with getting off the bottle.. DS basically just ditched the drink before bed once the bottle was taken away, what helped is we let him brush his teeth and introduced a few bedtime books before bed. For some reason he just didn't want milk in a sippy before bed, I think the bottle was more of a comfort thing to him. Anyway, now he just is really into the bedtime books, he will only brush his teeth for a couple minutes and then he's done with that too
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"