August 2012 Moms
Options

Cats and nipples.

I'm so sick of these damn cats I could cry. I love them, but sheesh. If I trip over one of them one more time with the baby in my arms, I might blow a gasket.

Anyways, we have the drying rack on the counter for baby's bottles and nipples. There's no where else to put it; our cabinets aren't deep enough for it to stand and both of my cats climb on top of the cabinets, so there's no where it's "safe." My freaking cat keeps eating all of S's bottle nipples!!! These things are like $6 for 2, so I'm getting peeved. She did the same thing to his pacifiers, so we have to keep them close. One second out of our sight and she'll have his pacifier in her mouth.

So, what the heck do I do?

ETA: They were both pretty calm, laid back cats before S. Now, they're just nuts - constantly in my face, kneading everything, meowing really loudly for no apparent reason. I'm sleeping on the couch tonight because I'm beyond sick (cough, stuffed nose, the works) and I don't want to wake up S and I just know they're going to be all over me and I'm not going to get any friggin' sleep.

I'm a whiny bish today. I feel awful, had an awful day at work, and I'm calling off tomorrow and don't give two sh!ts if I get written up. Kiss my azz, ftw, ain't nobody got time for that. 

A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
SCANDAL!

Re: Cats and nipples.

• Options
    One of my dogs does that crap.  She always stops walking right under my feet or right in front of me when I'm holding the baby.  Then, if I don't put the bottles in the sink right away, she'll find wherever they are and chew on them.  Same with the pacifiers.  This stuff isn't freaking cheap.  I don't understand the fascination!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

The title to this post made me laugh.

Hope you have a better day tomorrow, Anbeck!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My cat is batshitcrazy too. I hate him most day, then other days I feel so guilty cause we used to be such pals.

TBH I didn't read your whole post (I'm guilty of skimming through long ones) But I keep LO's bottle nipples in a tupperware container when they're dry. Maybe try that, and instead of keeping them on a little bottle 'tree' if you have one, just dry them and put them away so the cats can't get to them

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Thankfull our cat doesn't get on counter, but he does get on coffee table. He's destroyed two pacifiers and some of her plastic toys. He also does the loud meowing for no reason. I try to give him attention to let him chill, but he still is higher maintenance than before.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"