May 2012 Moms
Options

Question for you ladies about gifting :)

SO's girls come 4 days a month...  we are on a really tight budget this year for christmas and really need simple and cheap ideas for his girls who are 10 and 8.   As we only have them 4 days a month and believe it or not they still have stuff in boxes and bags (some unopened) from previous 2 christmas's.  

Any ideas ladies?   I was thinking just clothes.   We have them every year at christmas for 2 weeks.  They spend or do christmas with their mother on the last day of school and spend most of their time there so I am thinking we can go with just clothes this year and maybe the odd gift.    I really don't want to spend the money on something that is just going to sit in a box or in their room untouched.

HELPP!!  :) 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Question for you ladies about gifting :)

• Options

My DH's boys are here about the same and are just a couple years older. A couple years ago I made them coupon books that they could use on their visits (tobogganing, hot chocolate, choose dinner, choose movie, bake cookies, etc) and they loved it. It cost me next to nothing too. I made 24 coupons each so they could use 2 per month and made sure there were some for each season.

another idea might be things like family board games you could play together. Walmart here has card versions of monopoly, battleship, sorry, etc for about $10. 

Ive also gotten craft supplies from the dollar store and given them a "kit" so we could do crafts. I got paints, stickers,etc and some plain wooden boxes so they could decorate their own treasure chest to keep at our house. They keep their Lego men in them.

HTH 

• Options
    What about nail polish and the like? Then you could do a girls night with mani/pedis. You could also get a movie and some of their favorite snacks.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hit up Five Below. Girls that age love that store. Everything is $5 or less.

Get a craft kit or two, some trendy slipper socks, nail polish, and a Hello Kitty thing. Any Hello Kitty thing.

• Options
    imageJAP0902:
    What about nail polish and the like? Then you could do a girls night with mani/pedis. You could also get a movie and some of their favorite snacks.

This would be my idea, plus if you watch sales cvs normally has good nail polish for 1 or 2 after extra care bucks. Also I target has board games for around 10 and on target.com you can print a coupon for 2 or 3 off.

I would focus on inexpensive things to do together! Maybe a girls night theme, and a family game night theme. You could even put microwaveable popcorn, movie thearter candy and girly chocolates in their stockings to make the nights more special.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"